Register To Comment
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: FRA UK Heavyweight Championship - 21st-22nd September 2013

Roboteer

Surely it should be Terry that should get the bill as he broke them trying to keep Toxic in the spotlight

Haha Clive :-D. yep send the bill to me, my address is ......will's house, Kent !
    I got home at 12.15 that m6 is useless and at times I was thinking if a flipper on the front of the van might be quite interesting !
    As for this flipping business can't the wires be a little higher ? The audience do love the big flips , just throwing around the arena a bit isn't enough anymore they need to see some air :-D

We should fit a tether to every robot anchored to the centre of the arena, then have the tether just the short enough so the robot can't get out the arena! 3 minutes of fun time! Lol!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the floor...

Thanks to Robots Live for another great event. We really enjoyed ourselves even through the stress of a UK champs!

We're thrilled to have won! Seems as if all that checking and tweaking last weekend was justified after all! I think it's fair to say we've had our fair share of luck this year in three major competitions and both Explosion and Eruption have done us proud

Really hard luck to Will and Ian. Obviously I'm really happy that Eruption won but I know how it feels to come second and I honestly feel gutted for you both as well. Eruption and Manta are both on a par and that final could really have gone either way... Having said that, only four events in and it's already second in Europe and second in the UK, that's pretty good! You've got to have a bit of luck some day and win a final! Also well done to Rob, Gilbert and IA5. For a robot to be six years old and still doing so well really shows how good it is. Well done to Learo/Mouldy for fourth with Beast and the new tag team champions Kronic and Big Nipper. I'm sure me and Alex will give you a grudge match at some point!

See you all at Maidstone! Will be nice to have a (slightly) more chilled event after a run of three major competitions!
    Last edited by Team Invade; 24th September 2013 at 21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the floor...
    What was up with the floor? Seemed alright from the judges seats.

Think ceri meant the hall floor.

Yeah he did. Grant: there were about 5 substantial breaks in the hall floor, and one underneath where a support leg was. From what Alan said about the last 1 breakage, that's going to be very costly...

Register To Comment