Register To Comment
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Build Diary and some questions that may appear - BW/MW

What Rx is that?

I knew that, but thanks to you Bodge Job, i tested the h-bridge that i already have again, this time in both channels.

When i first tested the h-bridge, i connected it to the steering channel, because the integrated ESC on that channel was the weakest (2A) and it worked fine on both directions, so i assumed it would work fine too on the accelerate/reverse channel without actually testing it.

Now that you replied, i tested the h-bridge on that channel. If i accelerate on the pistol controller the relay works fine, but if i reverse the relay just flickers (the ESC doesn't fully open).

This is a major stepback on my project. In about 3 days my robot would be ready, but now i lost my radio system...

I could use a real a real RX with servos/microswitches to save the money of the ESC's, but a TX/RX/servos pack is TOO expensive in stores here in Portugal. I could go for used parts, but there's almost no one with RC planes/cars in my city... So if i find someone selling used parts, they will be too expensive for me too, as i am unemployed and my lowclass family can't help me with money.

On HobbyKing there's a TX/RX pack for just $25 (19‚):
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
    (It's the only one on the european warehouse)
    I can afford it just fine, but with postage the price rises to almost $50, so no way for me...
    I will try to find a cheap used radio system in my city, but buying an old crystal system is going to be like a stab on my heart (another one)...

For now i think i will use the h-bridge on the ESC with only 2A and the other motor connected directly to the ESC that can handle 12A.

I was really happy to start the build tomorrow, but now i am vary sad. Lets see what the future as for me...

Looking good!

Register To Comment