Register To Comment
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Torque required for hammer to self right?

I was looking at Spektrum DX6i the other day as a replacement for my DX5e as it's being used on my ant weight Killer-Wolf and binding would be a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    You would need one of the newer digital transmitters to get anything other than the 50% dual rate switch.
    This isn't necessarily true - a lot of older transmitters have separate controls for enabling the dual rates and then the amount of dual rate (if that's the correct term) to use, both of my old Futaba transmitters have that system. It works better for me than having to go through menus, but then my preferences are always a bit odd!

The main use I have for dual rates is to reduce turning rate when driving the robot - with mixing, you can turn the rates on the aileron channel down to about 20-40% and that way have full power available for forwards and backwards, but not have the robot spin around like a loon on a carousel with a small sideways movement on the stick. It comes down to personal preference, largely, but they're a good option to have.

(out of interest, James, it's looking like the next AWS will be in Surrey or thereabouts - would that interest you?)

Oh sounds like what happened when my dad built a robot in Robot Wars arenas of destruction.

(as for the AWS, Surrey should be ok for my step-dad to drive me there, but depends when it is taking place though)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolspeedbot View Post
    Just out of interest, what sort of difference in power could you get from one of these (http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-A28-150.html) in comparison to a scooter motor for an axe? Just looking at all my options.

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    One of those you mentioned is a bit more than double a meaty scooter motor.
    Cheers for the reply.. how about that motor in comparison to a co2 rack and pinion set up? Could it achieve top end axe power in a feather like little hitter for example? Speaking of that does anyone know the ins and outs of little hitters set up, ram size and what sort of bar it runs ect.

Edit : Just found this https://www.align-trex.co.uk/800mx-b...tor-520kv.html which is much more powerful than ampflow. Cheaper and lighter as well, surely that could match top end co2 power with the right motor to axe sprocket ratio?
    Last edited by Graw; 3rd August 2016 at 12:52.

Ah right makes sense, I should have looked into that.

I was going ask about the damaging your own motor I assume electric axes must need plenty of spares lol. Looks like I'll be going down the gas route then, I was considering going electric for a couple reasons the main really being its surely much less hassle than gas and im planning to have a almost 2kg hammer head which would of been decent with an electric motor throwing it over 180 degrees as I figure the heavier head with a motor throwing it the better.

I was going to make my own thread but im sure all of my questions have been asked before so I've done a far bit of searching and reading up.

Thanks for your help

Gotcha, I guess it makes sense really with the weight difference between a feather and a heavy everything is going to be strained that much more at 100kgs. Thats interesting I never realised thor had run a electric set up, terrorhurtz is the main inspiration behind what im planning as im sure many others before me - am I right in thinking john reid was the first to come up with the rack and pinion method? So simple but so effective.

I have been wondering about weight, specifically when it comes to weighing a robot that uses gas I assume its weighed with the bottle full? I have a standard 12oz paintball tank that im going to use, if anyone knows roughly what one weighs when full?

I may as well start my own thread at this rate lol

Register To Comment