Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FW - Turisas

Hey all

Starting a couple of featherweight builds now as ive been without one for a while. Rendering the 'Pinsor' chassis bought off Calumco for 2 robots

This one will be for my 6wd bomb proof rammer, names Turisas after the Finnish god of war, and for those who are into metal, will be painted like the band

Here is a little on the spec:
    - Drive: 12v drills with belt drive for other wheels
    - Batteries: 18v Nimh
    - Armour: 8mm T6 ali sides, 8mm hardox front and back, 4mm hardox lid and internal base with 3mm ali external base

Will keep it up to date with pics of the build but this will be built so its stong, compact and reliable but also look dam good (Very nice paint scheme and nice bright lights)

why are you adding a 3mm ali sheet to 4mm hardox base?

Its a 3mm ali base that the 6wd set us is all on but adding some 4mm hardox inside to give it more strength and all my electrics will be fixed to that

Not sure that your gonna need 6WD, I'd say dropping it 4WD would be much better. Does good for turning as well.

Yeah, believe it or not Matt, it's me. Apologies for dropping off the radar over the months, but I'm back on here regularly now.

Was going to say, you been gone for ages!

Course you done need 6wd, but you want 6wd

the armour sounds a bit crazy for that rammer lol

just have a 5mm or so ali base, and a 3.2-4mm fully welded together hardox lid, sides, front and back. it'd be a weak point where your front and back hardox meet the ali sides

I could do the front and back in 8mm ali aswell and twin the lid with the wedges?

Why bother?

Weld up a monocoque in Hardox or even mild steel.

Wheels and belts ordered, still need a welder to get the armour done but I can finally get this thing driving

stick welders are quite cheap i've used mine for my last two robots

Register To Comment