Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FW - Turisas

Ive used stick welders before and really dont get on with them

fair enough, i tend not to get on with the cheap mig sets for some reason but the 1s i use to use at work were great and they were 250-300amp units

Wheels are here, belts are here, time to get this at least driving

Had a visit from calumco today, dropped off something very cool

Got a little suprise for this for the champs

Today I went down to argos and bought a drill to cannibalise:

The current motors had a plastic stage in so removed them from both gearboxes and replaced with all metal gears so will make for a more reliable drive

Secured the other motor, got the wheels on, thread locked and in

Sorted the positioning for all the components as well

Ill be focusing on making it into a rammer first so its ready for whitwick but will then attempt to make a disk pod for it the champs which will probably go very badly and end up overweight, but worth a shot anyway as I can still run it as a rammer for the champs, just with more armour

YAY PROGRESS!

Any pictures of Turisas? Doing some competitor snooping....

@pj: Possibly, but would be irrelevant as it wont be like this for the champs

After whitwick, couple of little changes too the system need to be addressed

1 - When it survives an entire fight, everything is really hot, motors and batteries don't like it. Running the motors too hard with the 6 wheels so going to change out the argos 12v ones for some gimson 18v motors so will be running the motors at the rated voltage

2 - Since ill be halving the speed with no over volting, im chaging the ratios up to 24:1 so ill get the same speed

Hoping these 2 this will mean I keep the performance I have but wont be working the parts quite so hard then the other bits ill be doing externally but you will have to wait and see on those

Register To Comment