Register To Comment
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Bigconkers.com

You're building a HW that ISN'T a wedge!!? Careful, I've heard it's a dangerous thing....

What ever happened to Full Tilt? Or was that someone else making that?

Ok..a lot of people ask me about Full Tilt. Its still sat there how it was with lots of parts and stuff to finish it. It was made from 3mm stainless steel and when finished would total around 120kg. when i got it looking like a working machine together it really didnt look like it would be strong enough to hold itself together never mind in the arena. It would take a lot more work and money to get it right and working to something that could be used a bit more than just driving and working the weapon with no forces and battles. Its not worth the time and money to get it finished at the moment, I have other projects to finish too like the BIG walker and the mobility scooter along with the beetle weight arena. The Landrover has taken over the lot tho and needs to be done. I will get it done 1 day i am sure but when there isnt much else on.

My new heavyweight...It will be a flipper, it has to be a flipper cos thats the components i have. It will have to have a wedge on it to flip robots...terribly boring i know but my plan is no avoid using hardox as i think that has made the sport boring and even drilling crap holes in it to spell out names looks cheap and tacky. I only go to Robotslive events and there is a bit more diversity of robots go to those events than the other boring show....so a good looking powerful flipper will fit in just nice.

Forget the rest, get on with that BW arena!

on it kid....on it

Have just sharpened Gonzales' scoop and attached some little magnets... if the floor has a paintjob, sorry!

No worries Ellis it will only be undercoat. Nothing special for deeside as all the specialities will be for 2014. even making a new top now and scrapping the current one so dont expect greatness.

Robot prayer

Our robots
    Which art in battle
    Weapons be thy name
    For comps we come
    The maintenance be done
    In garages
    As at the venue
    Give us this day our daily drive
    And forgive us our damage
    As we forgive those who damage against us
    And lead us not unto flat batteries