Register To Comment
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Zlayerz RPG: Identity Theft Redux!

Quote Originally Posted by majinb
    To clarify my viewpoint, it's the moral highground I'm aiming for in this conflict between the Romans and the Gauls, using the comics as my moral compass. The supplies the Gauls may give us may not be as numerous as what the Romans have to offer, but I'm taking the guess that they are still GOOD supplies, and enlisting their aid would make us look cool in the comic books after we are done altering history :P
    While the Gauls do have supplies (they'd have to, or they'd have been toast before we get there), they aren't going to have much, based on the simple fact that they can't possibly trade or buy anything due to the camps in the way. (and if they can, it isn't going to be much, you can't be sneaky with lots of cargo.) So every thing they have, they make it themselves or they had it before they were surrounded. And too, because of the being surrounded and having no way to get stuff, their supplies are definatly finate, it's possible they are running out.
    The Romans on the other hand, are going to have so much more stuff simply because His Holy Cocktail could send things along whenever the heck he feels like. So not only are they just going to have so much more, they are going to have a constant stream of the stuff. The Gauls can't compare, since Rome is sending, or CAN be sending, a mass amount of stuff from the rest of their territoiry. Their supplies as a result are basicly infinate.

I'm not saying we shouldn't, but if we do go to the Gauls right off the bat, then we should bring some supplies along with us to help bolster their defenses, OR we go straight in there and organise a raid. Or heck, even both! ;p

We can assume the Gauls have the gear that is Ko-d's, being the more friendly group and all, but we don't know that for sure yet. It's even possible the Romans swiped that. Needs moar infos.
    Tracy you aren't a military general, put the SRPGs and Civilization down and stop trying to rationalize a RP.

I'm mostly worried about going to the Romans first for anything until we have some info of the area, or they are lible to kill me or us or everybody, and we have no rez items available.
    Also yay history modification!

Wedginator agrees with Bloody Frigid for the most part. The problem though, he says, is finding supplies to begin with. He tells them (No Consequences in especial) that The Roman camps will be fortified and wary of strangers, especially strangers of outlandish appearance such as ourselves.

Wedginator also goes on to say that if you wish to split up, he won't stop you. He will follow his own path whether or not others stay with him or not. He just hopes that we all have the same goal; getting the Gear.

My thoughts...

Instead of wandering into a camp of Romans, why don't we intercept some supplies on the way in? Probably less heavily guarded and filled with less deathy goodness.

Also out strange appearance could work in our favour ala War Elephants or just being physically bigger than the Romans.

(Re-watched a lot of Time Commanders recently, in between screaming at my monitor due to the stupidity of some of the guys on it you learn some interesting stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by kodster
    especially strangers of outlandish appearance such as ourselves.
    Because when a group of talking combat robots would come knocking on my door, outlandish would be the first word that comes to mind .

I like Jordan's idea, don't mess with the Roman village, mess with their transport outside it! Tackle some supply carriage, something we should be able to handle, get stuff out of it! And then, in my ideal world, get friendly with the Gauls!

Really sorry guys. I will try and get an update up today, but I got really sick over the holidays and so I wasn't able to do anything here.

No really, expect the next part up soon.

I re-coloured an art commission a received some time ago, so you can visualize my Trillia character. This one was easy. I may work on Charles and Rob as well, but at a later date since I'd have to draw or render them from scratch.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5653/trillia.png

ANYWAY...

continuing...

Instead of wandering into a camp of Romans, why don't we intercept some supplies on the way in? said All Bar Some. It's probably less heavily guarded and filled with less deathy goodness.

Now that sounds like a plan I can support! remarked Liar 2. I'm behind Jordan!

The others made similar noises and gestures of agreement.

Very well, responded Wedginator. There's some cover around here so let's wait for a cohort and see what we will.

How DOES one see without eyes...? pondered Apocalypse II, before Bloody Frigid shoved him behind a massive bush. Sorry, it's just so bizarre.

Surprisingly, they did not have to wait long. Sounds could be heard from up ahead and barely seconds later a whole squadron of entities were trundling up the path from the distant Roman camp. Martijn aka Liar 2 tried to get a good reckoning of them. There seemed to be at least 20 of them, each of them with a weapon of some sort. In front there were two big brutish ones, with a seemingly important air. Liar 2 couldn't help noticing, however, that every single one of them was afraid. He could feel the fear from where he was in hiding, but he could not understand it.

Heads up, guys, there are some coming now, he told the others.

How many? inquired Pyrrha.

Around a score or so, answered Liar 2.

Ah, we cannot hope to conquer them in combat alone... said Wedginator grimly.

I wouldn't say that, actually, said Liar 2. I don't know what it is but they're terrified for some reason, I can feel it. I can't explain it and nor do I know of the meaning of it.

Wait, they're SCARED? exclaimed Apocalypse II.

Liam, shut up! growled All Bar Some. They'll hear us...

Sorry, muttered the flipper, but why the feck are they so frightened for? Does that mean we can take them?

Martijn, can you reckon their size from here? asked Wedginator.

Liar 2 checked again. Now the troop was closer. Indeed, the soldiers were not that great a size at all, except for the two great decurions. And now he could make out some voices as well...

Aye, Gaius Pintameadus, that is correct, spoke one of the decurions.

B-but Crismus Bonus knows the Gauls have a secret strength, what's he trying to pull sending us towards the village?! stuttered one of the soldiers.

Idiot! Use your head! We're going to find out what that secret IS! You're all here for back-up, shot back the decurion.

But won't they notice twenty of us marching towards the village? asked another soldier.

It's called a distraction, snapped the other decurion, now shut your trap or we'll report you.

Liar 2 turned back to the others to inform them of what he just saw and heard.

So, he whispered, you know what this means? The path does indeed lead to the Gauls! AND we know the Romans' purpose now! Or at least, these ones' purpose. At any rate I think we COULD take them, but they don't look like they have too many supplies.

Very good, said Wedginator. Personally I believe we should tail them as far as we can, until they get into combat with the villagers. I know the general feeling between the Gauls and the Romans, but I am particularly interested in seeing how they react in battle.

But CAN we tail them without being spitted? inquired No Consequences. We would probably make a lot of noise...

Well then I suggest we prepare for battle, but only then, responded Wedginator. In any case those two commanders seem rather tough.

Hurry up, guys! They're pretty close now... said Liar 2.

----

STATUS

Wedginator X - 100%
    Liar 2 - 100%
    Bloody Frigid - 100%
    No Consequences - 100%
    Pyrrha - 100%
    Apocalypse II - 100%
    All Bar Some - 100%

----

Right. A troop of 22 bots is about to pass by your hiding place. The stats, respectively:

Decurion x 2

Shape: Mortis
    Colour: Red with green and gold accents.
    Weight: 150kg
    Armour: 6mm Ti/V
    Drive: 2 PERM 080s @ 36v
    Motivation: 2 101-style tracks
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front, 20mm at the sides and rear
    Weaponry: A lifting arm and pneumatic axe beside each other, ala Mortis or Comengetorix. Both lifter and axe are rather powerful.
    Srimech: Either lifter or axe

Soldier x 20

Shape: Mortis
    Colour: Lavender-ish with black accents.
    Weight: 75kg
    Armour: 4mm Titanium
    Drive: 2 A28-400s @ 24v
    Motivation: 2 101-style tracks
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front, 10mm at the sides and rear
    Weaponry: A lifting arm and pneumatic axe beside each other, ala Mortis or Comengetorix. Both lifter and axe are average power.
    Srimech: Either weapon, but it takes a while for the lifter.

What will you do, guys? Charge them? Tail them? Or (by all means!) think of a different strategy?

My bot was built for durability, so me and somebody else could try and draw them out and the others can flank them. What do you say guys?

I don't really want to attack, at least not right off the bat. (Joey sez: Me too, attacking isn't even on my list of things I want to do, I want to get in good with the Romans so they can help us.) Wanna see what the Gauls have got before we go beating them up. Whatever it is, it's scaring the Romans, so it wouldn't hurt us at all to show some caution.

tbh I'm half tempted to tell them we're reinforcements or mercenaries or nice air salespeople or what have you and go along with them for a bit. Gauls'll think we're romans anyway since we aren't Gaulish at all, and if not a Gaul, probably a enemy, I think. :P If nothing else, we can get information from them, and if they attack we can take them since the lesser ones are scared out of their minds. I think they would be happy for the company, so we'd probably be ok.

Besides, if we get to the village and the Gauls are good as we think they may be, we can always flip the giant ones over. Not only will they be scared, now they are suprised. And also Gauls there to take some of the attention off of us. If we start flipping Romans over right in front of them we can't be terrible robo-beings, right?

And also also, who's to say the Gauls aren't blood thirsty beserkers in this roboverse anyway? We'll get our teeth kicked in either way, so just like the roboboy in the War-Amps commercial says: play (it) safe!

Get well soon Kody! unless you are, of course, already better then: Remain well Kody!

Anyway, I'd like to 'persuade' the Romans's to tell us what their distraction is. Taking them out in front of the Gaul's sound legit or we could go horror film style picking them off one by one :twisted:

O great, this stuff is only getting more complex, curse you Kunz!

I am really not certain what to do, this is not the outcome I was expecting but I feel we are morally forced to do SOMETHING with it, I just am not sure what. I vote for the passive approach of quietly following them and hopefully getting more info.

Register To Comment