Register To Comment
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Zlayerz RPG: Identity Theft Redux!

Trillia tells Martijn that (most of) the Romans in the four camps are extremely afraid of the Gauls, even though Caesar has ordered them to destroy the village and make the Gauls pay homage to them (or else the failed Romans will be fed to the lions in the circus!). As for what to expect from the Gauls, they mostly live peaceful, carefree lifestyles. Sometimes they get into fights with each other but that is very quickly resolved indeed. Most of the fights they get into are with the Romans and the Romans simply cannot hold a candle to them.

Trillia goes on to tell Tracy that though the camps are fortified, the individual camps only hold about twice or thrice as many Romans as there are Gauls in the village. So while outnumbered, the Gauls are quite easily capable of holding their own. Reinforcements do arrive, but only after beaten centurions lead their forces from defeat. This constant supply of soldiers is slightly exhausting the amount of Caesar's legions.

Kody explains that the currency of that area is in sestertii (silver coins) and aurei (gold coins, 100 sestertii to an aureus). You will mostly be dealing with sestertii though, unless you get really lucky. And the said currency is only of worth in that world.

(right, big update next post)

Lions? In the circus?

Indeed, Martijn!

continuing...

I think we'll take the Gaul Pit. What does everybody else think? asked Joey.

Nods of assent were clearly seen.

Well, that is indeed unanimous, remarked Kody. Right then, Trillia, energize the portal. We are leaving post-haste.

You too? cried the pixie. But you weren't able to enter any of the worlds!!

Correct, I am not, replied Kody. But as these folks will, so too will I go on.

You mean you're coming with us, Kody? said Joey.

Of course, the Team Zlayerz captain responded. This is a matter that involves me, and as such I will not tolerate such disrespect of my team. I have a robot of my own that I will use to come with you all.

That sounds good, but why didn't you do this before? cried Rob.

I think I know why, smirked Tracy. Kody can't do everything by himself. Can you?

No, he can't, replied Jordan before Kody could speak, so let's give him a hand.

Looks like you'll have your hands full with them, Trillia giggled.

Kody sighed. Come along.

They were at the huge static 'screen' again. Kody had hauled out a robot himself. Its name was Wedginator.

You're bringing Wedginator along? said Joey skeptically. Why couldn't you have just asked Shane for Envy and have done with it?

Liam and Lian sniggered.

Number one; I do not wish to endanger Shane's robot, growled Kody, and number two, I am familiar with my first robot rather than with Envy. Now if you'll let that moment pass, we will begin. Direct your robots, please.

Trilla, have you locked onto the location yet?

Yes, I'm connecting...now!

The screen flickered...and then showed the location of a Gaulish village, surrounded by four fortified Roman camps.

I'm rather nervous... said Lian uncertainly. I dunno how this is gonna work, Kody...

No time now! cried Martijn.

Correct. Let's go, said Kody, and they all walked simultaneously into the screen, robots at their sides. their figures became shadowy, and then vanished.

Well, there they go... said Rob the Boomboxer. Um...what do we do now?

Obvious, isn't it? said Trillia. We wait for them to come back.

WAITING BORES ME, boomed Charles. I NEED SOMETHING TO EX-TER-MIN-ATE.

Trillia and Rob looked at each other exasperatedly.

Fetch the moving targets, sighed Trillia.

----

**Gaul**

What a trip... said Joey. Then he gasped. His voice was mechanical! WHAT IS THIS?!?

Ah, I see you are not accustomed to this, spoke another mechanical voice.

Joey stared. It was a robot...Wedginator, to be specific. Only now Joey was level with it, and could see that its face vinyl was moving. Then he wondered why he felt so weird... and it hit him.

I'M A...HOLY ^%%#-#%$#@$%!!!!!!!!!! Expletives were spluttered out as they never had from Joey before.

Careful, careful, laughed the wedge, or you will attract unwanted attention. And in any case, you were warned.

I'M A BLOODY #$%@&$# ROBOT!!!

Sigh...

The others had become their own creations as well, but were taking it with less salt than Joey was. However, it still felt inexplicably strange to them.

Alright, spoke the wedge that was Wedginator, let's account for ourselves. Joey?

$%#$!!!

...Joey, calm down, beeped a black wedge with a red crusher on top. This is hardly like you at all. I mean, this is beyond anything I've ever experienced, but it's not that bad.

Correct...Tracy. So that's you down, said Kody ala Wedginator. Joey, are you here or not?

The dome-shaped robot was now recovering from its shock. Y-yeah, here, it mumbled.

Excellent! Martijn?

Aye, spoke the flipper-robot, next to dome-shaped one.

Good, good! Lian?

Right here - hey!!! Why is my voice so high-pitched?!? squeaked the box-like robot. It now began to spaz like Joey - er, No Consequences - did.

Guess you didn't choose your robot carefully enough, eh Lian? sneered a more-angled box on Lian's left. Pyrrha...I ask you...

The group (except Kody and Lian) roared with laughter.

Okay, that's both Lian and Liam accounted for. Which leaves...

Wotcher, replied a meaty translational robot in Jordan's voice.

Most marvelous, spoke the Wedginator. Now let's go by our robots' names, as we are them. I, Kody, am Wedginator, just so you know. Tracy is Bloody Frigid. Joey is No Consequences. Martijn is -

A big fat liar! chuckled Liam.

- Liar 2, went Wedginator as if there had been no interruption, Lian is Pyrrha - oh quit laughing you lot - Liam is Apocalypse II, and Jordan is All Bar Some. Any questions?

Yeah. Did you bring any money? spoke up the crusher that was Bloody Frigid. You never know, we might need some.

Not to worry, spoke Wedginator airily. I have all the ancient Roman funds you will need. However, I wish to split it among you, in case we split up. Gasps all around. Think of it as electric currency.

Soon the entire group had about 50 aurei and 5000 sestertii each. Jeez, Kody, you could have bought your way into Caesar's palace with all this, muttered Liar 2.

All that is gold does not glitter, sang Wedginator. Buying my way into anything would be most evil. Right, now that our money has been settled, let us reckon where we are.

They turned about. They were all on a beaten path of dirt and concrete. Robots though they were, the scenery could not have been more fitting for human civilization. There were great fields of grass as far as the eye could see. The path, however, led to a fortified camp, very far but visible in the distance. Turning back around, they found the path also went back into a forest. They could discern nothing in the forest.

Hmm, I see another path off over there, droned Apocalypse II. He motioned to the east. Across one of the fields was another path. It seemed to lead from the forest as well, but not to any camp they could see.

Quite the conundrum, aye, said All Bar Some.

Okay, so what do we do? said Bloody Frigid.

Let me think, said Wedginator, and paused for a second. That is a Roman camp, that is plain. Possibly one of the four attacking the Gaulish village. The forest probably contains the village itself.

We may have money, said Liar 2, but no supplies. Shouldn't we look for a village that sells supplies first?

Yes, I was coming to that, intoned Wedginator. Right now I deduce that it is no good approaching either village. The Gauls won't realize we are not Romans until we are dead, and the Romans will probably cart us off to Caesar without batting an eyelid. Or flipper, in this case.

What about that village of Lutetia or whatever it was called? piped up All Bar Some.

I have a hunch that path over THERE might lead to it, said No Consequences, completely over its panic now.

Lian? What do you think? asked Liar 2. The robot called Pyrrha, however, refused to speak. Oh come on, Lian, nobody's going to care about your voice in here.

Speak for yourself, sniggered Bloody Frigid. She and Apocalypse II broke into gales or laughter again.

Shut up! whined Pyrrha.

ENOUGH! bellowed Wedginator. Everybody went silent. We're on a serious quest here, you two.

Oh lighten up Kody, complained the crusher, let us have some fun all right? And you know me, I'm never serious.

He is right, though, said Liar 2. Let's choose on a way to go.

Up to you, said Wedginator.

----

STATUS

Wedginator X - 100%
    Liar 2 - 100%
    Bloody Frigid - 100%
    No Consequences - 100%
    Pyrrha - 100%
    Apocalypse II - 100%
    All Bar Some - 100%

----

Right. I'm along with you all; the RPG creator needs to have some fun as well. :P

As stated, a path you are on right now leads in one direction to a Roman camp, and in the other to a forest that likely contains the Gaulish village. There is a nearly parallel path in the distance that comes from the forest as well, but goes off into somewhere unknown. Where will you go? Discuss with your party members. As for me, I will go with the majority, or act as a tie-breaker if it comes to that. :P

what I want, is the KNOWN way to the Gauls! as opposed to the unknown!

The Gauls are our friends!

Quote Originally Posted by kodster
    As stated, a path you are on right now leads in one direction to a Roman camp, and in the other to a forest that likely contains the Gaulish village.
    Ive been informed that my post may not have been clear enough, in bold is where I wanna boldly go! To the Gauls!

Since when did I become Scottish and charming?

Anyway, I'd like to have a little bit of a look around to get the lay of the land, look at troops etc. then pay a visit to the Gauls.

Does anyone have any blue paint...

Since when does Joey swear more then me? XD

I'm interested in looking at the lay of the land and stuff, but I do want to go get supplies as well. And then play the game of not get caught by the Romans or any Gauls that are feeling really fiesty. XD

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflare
    Since when does Joey swear more then me? XD
    Seconded - that is extremely odd...

Personally I'm more inclined to go and talk to the Romans rather than the Gauls - they do after all have the massive upper hand in the present situation. We do need supplies but the Roman camps will have just as many if not more, surely?

To clarify my viewpoint, it's the moral highground I'm aiming for in this conflict between the Romans and the Gauls, using the comics as my moral compass. The supplies the Gauls may give us may not be as numerous as what the Romans have to offer, but I'm taking the guess that they are still GOOD supplies, and enlisting their aid would make us look cool in the comic books after we are done altering history :P

Register To Comment