Register To Comment
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

Team Saint Robot Builds

Rather than having lots of threads for the different. builds that Team Saint will be doing I thought I would have just the one.

What to do with an old kettle answer make a robot out of it

Spliting the kettle in half so I can cut out the old steel floor was a lot harder than it sounds but with some patience this was done the plastic base of the kettle was made of poor quality plastic so only the original outer ring is going to be used. the center is Polycarbonate about 6mm.

The motors are from Ebay I have no idea how good they are going to be the spec is about 1000rpm spindle speed with a 4mm output shaft, the wheels are from Technobots, I had to re-tap the grub screw holes and fit bigger 4mm grub screws as the original didn't seem up to the task they are 73mm diameter this gives a theoretical speed of 13.75Km/h But the motors are so small I think 8Km/h would be the top speed.

I haven't uploaded much with the build recently so here is an up date for you all.

the speed controller is the Sabertooth dual 12A, this is really overkill for the motors that wouldn't pull half that at stall conditions. but for team Saint it is about as small as we go!

Saturn 2.4gHz receiver is used these seem to work well and bind quickly.

The Battery is made up of 10* 1.2v AA 2600 mAh cells they work very well.

In the test today of the robot drive it went well but I may need a gyro to dampen down the steering, dose anyone know the best to use for this.

Why thank you David the robot you are building sounds inspired

I have a video of the first test if anyone would be interested

Make it a melty brain FBS!

LOL that's brilliant and yes add the eyes

and also if you dont have a name my other half suggested Teabot as in teapot if you hadnt gessed

That's really cool, you should have steam come out the spout.

That is such a good idea! Oven ready armour, will you get another dish for the top or a plastic roast to finish the the look?
    I love it when people think laterally. What else could we do?
    Teapot the terrible!!!

Register To Comment