Register To Comment
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Saint Robot Builds

Rather than having lots of threads for the different. builds that Team Saint will be doing I thought I would have just the one.

What to do with an old kettle answer make a robot out of it

Spliting the kettle in half so I can cut out the old steel floor was a lot harder than it sounds but with some patience this was done the plastic base of the kettle was made of poor quality plastic so only the original outer ring is going to be used. the center is Polycarbonate about 6mm.

The motors are from Ebay I have no idea how good they are going to be the spec is about 1000rpm spindle speed with a 4mm output shaft, the wheels are from Technobots, I had to re-tap the grub screw holes and fit bigger 4mm grub screws as the original didn't seem up to the task they are 73mm diameter this gives a theoretical speed of 13.75Km/h But the motors are so small I think 8Km/h would be the top speed.

I don't know if I have down loaded the picture ok on this new site it seems complicated. anyway I have done some work on Seraph to try to improve reliability there is a new link position fitted.

[url]http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/Colliass/IMGA5765_zpse293cae8.jpg[/http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3611&d=1365250961&thum b=1&stc=1url]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just looked up the specification for the EMD gearbox and it is 70%! I am surprised it is that high!!

Ooh, never really clocked your drive motor gearboxes before - they'd suit Scar beautifully! Don't suppose you've got any info on them at all? Just had a very quick browse through the old Cherub thread and can't see anything mentioned.

lol already beat you to it

Saw a similar thing in the states but a guy was using two scalextric controllers to control it. Basically had one controlling each side of a trolley. Great idea, if you can fit it in the car/van with everything else

Haven't looked on this thread for a while!
    Yes Dave this is the bit of Ti. I got it back off Ed a few weeks ago and Got it machined up quickly. I think the guy who did the machining had some problems with it, but the end result is impressive, the handle is being made now so it may be ready for it's test at Guildford.
    I am not sure if I will be able to attend all the day's fun, as It is my other half's birthday party the day before!!

Did a bit on Cherub this afternoon I hadn't looked at the robots since the last event Cherub did OK I had to replace a few bolts that dropped off. I think I must have forgotten to tighten them up! The batteries worked very well and Zack was impressed on how well it drove rare praise indeed.

Got the Armour plate back from the foundry!

This is another modification for Cherub the 3mm plate on the front got bent again! "THOR" enough said.

So I have increased the thickness to 6mm on the sides and 8mm on top also I have taken a design idea employed in the Armour of the Armadillo and Woodlice, so this time the front plates will overlap the rear Armour allowing some movement between them when hit.
    This is what I like about this hobby always learning.

That's right if your under it, it can't hit you

Register To Comment