Register To Comment
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

The new painted Sledge for Gabriel. this time fitted with a tether.

IMG_1255.jpg

Under the rules normally, thwack or axle bots don't have to bother with these things as (in this case the hammer) is a part of the main body (because it is bolted directly to the body) of the machine. you don't tether any other panel to the robot do you!
    But as Gabriel now swings the 14Lbs sledge head at quite a speed. it is probably just as well.

I was wondering how fast the 14lbs (6.35Kg) sledge hammer is now going on the improved Gabriel. in the video above the fight that starts at about 48.48 shows Gabriel going nuts hitting everything that moves. I calculate a standing hit to be about 0.33 seconds and a dynamic move, (Gabriel moving towards the target before hammer swings to be about 0.25 seconds. dose anyone have means of analysing the video to give some indication of how fast the swing is now.

I have been repairing and improving Pilgrim over several months.

It's taken days of work but I am now on the last leg rebuild

IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg

I will also probably convert it to run on LiFePo4 batteries while I'm at it.

Had some problems with Gabriel at Barnsley I have rewired bits of it again and fitted a separate BEC with Isolating switches for that and the two speed controllers.
    Also I have changed the links a bit, as they kept jumping out and stopping the robot in the fights.
    since the modifications there has been no more problems. fixing different glitches seems never ending on this robot I hope I am coming to to the end of them!

Doing some work on Cherub I'm changing the lifter speed controller to a Bots-bits 85A unit Pictures to follow soon.
    No Dave I'm a gasman

IMG_1315.jpg

A new speed controller on Cherubs lifter, It works so much better I may have it controlled by a separate transmitter for the champs. see you can fit a botzbits 85A speed controller on a heavy.

IMG_1318.jpg

I'm looking to fix one of these speed controllers it works in one direction but not in the other, there is no component damage that I can see, so I'm not sure what bit is likely to need replacing. any ideas?

IMG_1396[1].jpg

It is the bigger 30A 24V speed controller that blew when one of the two drill motors seized a while back.

I think the relays on this one are the 2 black boxes on the left hand side of the board they have something like NAiS ACP131 on them, dose anyone know were I can get these or something to fit.

This stuff is not something I would try but its bust anyway so I may as well have a play.

Definitely sounds like the relays. It's quite possible that the relay contacts might have just welded shut. If you can take the relays off the board, you should be able to take the covers off them and clean the switch contacts with either a small file or a bit of wet and dry paper. If not then you might be able to get hold of some new relays.

Register To Comment