Register To Comment
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Saint Robot Builds

I know its only a show robot but because of something I came across with that TX/RX set, does that kettle failsafe ?

Yes it dose, I can see the Rx LED turn off with the Tx, and the signal light on the speed controller responds accordingly.

Been doing a little more on 100DegC (Kettle bot) I am nearly finished on the lid lifting mechanism, sounds easy but to make it work and be able to remove the top took some planning.
    Pictures and/or video to follow.

As promised a couple of pictures of the lid-lifting mechanism

The servo is clamped to the top mounting plate with a wire link to the Polycarbonate actuating arm.
    The hinge on the top of the kettle fits into the rectangular hole made between the top plate and the arm.
    As the servo moves the arm across it pushes the hinge forward and upwards opening the lid.

There must have been an easier way!!!

I still have to do a couple of modifications to do to it, but it works reliably that is what matters.

The lighting conditions are not good for video at the moment,
    I will try to upload something tomorrow.

The video as promised.

On an earlier test the kettle spun so fast when I operated the lid the kettle spun on to it's side!!

Excellent, needs a little steam generator now!

Hi Alan
    I am looking for one, if anyone knows of one (probably for a model train) that would work on 12 volts, please let me know.

Hi Alan i was looking at this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MMB-FOGGY-...item3f21176556

The advantage is it only uses water I imagine it uses some sort of ultrasonic transducer with a pressurizing fan for flow.

But it won't fit into the Kettle.

The oil based ones work well but smell a bit!! plus you need plenty of oil. :shock:
    But I may go that way instead because of lack of room.

Register To Comment