Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ampflow drive motors

hi all

anyone had any expierence with these ampflow motors? the economy range

http://www.ampflow.com/ampflow_motors.htm

anydoby got thoughts about use in a HW?

cheers alex

The E30-400 is somewhat comparable to a strong wheelchair motor.

I like the look of the a28 400 sure they would be perfect.

I think some 40-300s are going in the next Saint.

would like the a28 400 as i plan to remove my chains and 250mm wheels and replace with gears and 125mm wheels, making the complete drive system more compact and lighter.
    will have to ask the nipper guys if they could run them on a watty, im sure they use a megawatty though. I have to do this as I want to reshape the back in at the bottom so I can also remove the wheely bar and wont get stuck on the rear end.

The A28-400 =$419
    The E30-400 =$119

The Bosch 750 is in between those in pricetag and power, but is bigger and needs some ruggedization.
    On the other hand, a Bosch 750 , if ruggedized and well geared, can handle 36V, something not recommended with the enclosed Magmotors/Ampflows.

In short, my first remark that the E30-400 is a kind of strong wheelchair motor is rather accurate.

.75 Hp=500W Peak efficiency@ 5100 rpm.
    Let's take a 250mm wheel as example.

End speed wished, 15 km/h (somewhat slower than avarage)
    Gearratio 16-1

With a 12-1 gearratio it becomes 20km/h

The mags also need abit of Modding, Nipper guys have had problems with magnets moving etc. You also have to keep an eye on the brushes as they don't seem to last long, and if they go, they can write off the comm.

I've slipped the magnets in a mini mag in hornet 2. Had to machine up a retaining ring on the lathe.

Meaning the E30-400 still are a budget friendly alternative. If P&P ain't a killer.

On the other hand, Iskra still excist.

Register To Comment