Register To Comment

Thread: new robot

Hi all, next robot in the making very different from my last robot no toy.
    quick run down on key parts

2x cim drive motors 320w at 21v stated power
    2x 30 amp electronize drive controllers
    4 wheel drive 3.75-1 gear ratio 05b1 chain
    mfa 104-1 motor extra gear of 4.1 to drive fullt rotating lift like fractal beetle weight ( maths indicates max lift of 17kg on tip of scoop

sorry no drawing but some early work photos follow this link http://s1323.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ew%20robot

3mm stainless steel inner frame
    15mm front and back hdpe
    10mm side hdpe
    12mm aluminium tube for wheel drive spindles is very light

unsure on main weapon drive spindle pos 3mm wall stinless tube

please comment thanks adam

Sounds great! Look forward to seeing more electric lifter action!

Bit unsure about 30a Electronizes controlling those drive motors, they're seriously huge, haha. The Electronize are fairly bulletproof, mind.

Wondering about what you will go for battery-wise? To get the power you'll need you're more or less limited to LiPo... ?

Keep us posted, this is going to be interesting.

lots of work to update on, motors and full drive line fitted just waiting on some chain half links as the tension was all over the place, aluminium drive shaft assembly has worked really well and weights almost nothing,

weight and armour issues at the moment estimated 10 kg with no rotational scoop weapon is going to be very teight,

Will update photos and with a drive test prob early next week.

how is the cheap lipo deal going, will need some 3s lipo power for this power hungry monster

I got my lipo off ebay

I recommend these guys for lipos...
    http://ElectriFlyer.co.uk/category/batteries/
    Every lipo we have we got from them and they have all been flawless.
    With the two CIM's, say a 4S 4Ah thats £38 with the current stock sell off.
    Or perhaps a 6S 4Ah is £58 :-)

Note: Be a bit more descriptive with the thread name... New Robot isn't exactly informative or gripping.

Main motor drive completed with chains and wheels fitted tested with batt all looks good, wheels from rs company called lug lots of grip but with an untrue front face causing the sproket to wobble slightly, packed and refitted a bit better but would benefit from front face mill skim. Drive seams very strong but not much space left inside to fit the rest of parts. pics up soon hopr to have a full drive test next week back on shift soon boo

how is the cheap lipo deal going, will need some 3s lipo power for this power hungry monster

We have now confirmed a LiPo deal with OptiPower. 30% off all their range. We are just exchanging lists of FRA members etc and then you can begin with orders

Register To Comment