Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th to 12th of January 2013 -Mechatrons RoD Dublin, Ireland

Mechatrons is happy to announce that we will be presenting Robots of Destruction again in Dublin.

We are still ironing out the details regarding our budget but we will have budget to fund a small number of teams to travel over from the UK. Only heavyweights and mechs/boxers required i.e. no featherweights. As always, priority will be given to teams with multiple bots. We may be able to subsidise some more teams who don't make the first list. As always, if you can fund yourself or get sponsorship, then you are more than welcome to come and play.

We are always looking for something new to add to the show so if you have anything interesting let me know.

You must fill out at least two forms. The first is for the Team information and the second for is to be filled out for each robot you are bringing.

Teams fill out Part 1 of the application here:
    http://goo.gl/HuQHa

And part2 for each bot you are bringing here:
    http://goo.gl/TXdYB

Hope to see you there!
    Pete

Applied again but I won't hold my breath.

One of the biggest costs for us is the ferry tickets. A suggestion has been that if someone has a big truck that can take all the robots and someone has a bus that can take all the roboteers then we could bring over more teams.

Any offers? or other suggestions?

And since nearly all HWs are triangle shaped they'll stack nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by mightymouse
    Hire a coach and get the robots in the hold of the bus..............

Trev
    It's been done before.

A small van wouldn't cut it. Nor will just the hull of a coach. We regularly have a few teams that fill vans full of robots. For example, you wont get the likes of the boxers, daleks or skelly in the hull of a coach.

But I am happy to be proven wrong. If someone can prove they can do it, send me a quote and I'll be happy to hammer it out with you.

Register To Comment