Register To Comment
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Smoothie! Build Diary

if you have a jig saw you could go for a 4-5mm aluminium base nice and easy to cut

i generally just use ebay or go down to the industrial estate near by cos we have a couple of fabrication places

Sure i've seen something similar somewhere....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151180061476904

I know what you mean. It would be great to see a lifter with a bit of a difference in the UK (the Americans are certainly inventive in that respect). I say you build it!

It won't be without challenge, I'm guessing many of them similar to the ones we have faced for T2, but the result will be worth it.

Your main issues I am guessing will be reliable weapon power (and enough power to do the work), and the protection of the side arms for full combat events. They're meat for verticals, unless seriously sturdy or protected.

To give you an idea of power, our machine has a 14.4v 50mm dia. motor at 18v with about a 100:1 reduction after it, and with the sort of length arms a Breakerbox style weapon would need I would think that would be pushing it. A greater chain reduction than ours wouldn't be impossible, though, as ours couldn't be any bigger than 4:1 (with 6mm size chain).

I'll let others chime in, as for a first machine it would be ambitious, but the end result will be well worth it!

Register To Comment