Register To Comment
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: prodigy evo

Not with the current motor.

But with a simple batterydrill it went to 1000 rpm inside a second.

Oh well, I alway can make a new belt-disk, if I would make a 160mm one, the ratio goes up to 3-1. (end speed, theoreticialy 1640 rpm then, still a nice wallop)

It's not that the belts are a problem. I weld them myself to the right length. And buying it per spool is cheaper.

I was just asking what components they were to work out if it'd be any good- not how much they cost Ady.

And as i said i think the ratio is optimistic at 1.2:1, but hopefully it'll work out.

Mario - A battery drill has considerably more torque then that motor will have from stand still, theres no comparison.

4. yeah get some video's posted when you get chance ady, be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy
    And as i said i think the ratio is optimistic at 1.2:1, but hopefully it'll work out.
    It's the first time I work with a brushless.
    I'll know tomorrow, as we set up the speedo.

If the amp meter and temperature gauge tell that it ain't a good thing, I easely can turn another belt-wheel. Up to 230mm (biggest diameter I have around).

The spin-up test went rather well; the biggest issue so far as I can tell is that even on soft start the motor spins up too fast making the belts slip so torque is not a real problem.

Temperatures are fine, everything stays pretty much cold to lukewarm. After a 2 minute spin no part of the system went beyond 55 degrees C, and that part that did get that warm was the center axle on top of the motor, not the motor itself (so there is a bit of friction there). The only downside I see to this configuration at the moment is that it takes a long time to spin down. Nothing a drive into the wall won't fix.

Video?

No video as of yet.

You should always video spin tests in case something goes horribly wrong! Then at least you'll get a cool video out of it.....

Or to show off how vicious your new machine/setup is! I really want Sam to upload the video of NST on its brushless setup... it sounds like a tornado screeching!

Register To Comment