Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Massacre - FW

It will be interesting to see an overhead bar spinner in the UK. I don't think there is one running at the moment. The Americans love them for some reason but I am not entirely sure why. You might take a few people by surprise with a new machine like that. I hope it goes well for you :-) yay for spinners!

Not a build diary until you add pictures!

Look forward to seeing an Overhead being built.

Harry, that look fookin awesome! Please build this and destroy what ever I may create by that time!

That looks really cool but you might want to think about using smaller wheels to make the robot lower to bring the blade closer to the ground so the bar won't go over the top of other robots? Or you could put the blade at an angle or have wedges on all sides so robots drive up into the blade.
    I would be worried about using 10mm mild steel but stainless may be strong enough but you may find yourself hammering the blade back into shape after fights with vertical/drum spinners

Do the wheels need to stick out of the top? Presumably you'll be using ML for non full combat anyway so maybe better keeping them small and covered to prevent you from clipping them if the bar does have some bend in it. If your worried about it being too thin you could maybe weld on some reinforcement on the top, like a thinner bar, to strengthen it and maybe attempt to increase its chances of being able to self right.

Register To Comment