Register To Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Massacre - FW

Looks good

I'd personally ditch the double wheels only having 4 not 8

I'm presuming here but have you worked the gearbox out for the weapon? If you haven't id imagine you'd be able to save some vertical space there and get the blade a bit lower

Look forward to the pics

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills
    *dusts off thread*

Well it was pretty clear I had no idea what i was doing when i started this, and still don't tbh but progress has been made.
    material for the bar has arrived and i just stuck it on the top to see what it would look like. Looks okay to me. Haven't started on the weapon yet as i was getting the drive in semi working order. Some hideously bad ideas are at play here I feel but should be a wonderful learning experience

plain robot:

mock up of weapon

It's better than last year at any rate
    Looking good man.

Quick question, is this the design based off one of mine that I let you use or one of your own?

Still looking good

Hehe, glad to see I play some part in this

Nice design...looks really menacing. And if well built its capable of inflicting quite some heavy damage.
    A local team has a similar machine (pic below)

and it did do quite a good deal of damage!!

Quote Originally Posted by harry hills
    EDIT: just found a bit of stainless steel bar which is almost exactly the right size, i'm just worryed its a tad thin at 10mm? what do you people recon?
    I think its not the thickness which matters in your case, but the width of the bar, and also any holes drilled in the bar will weaken it, for example on Pacman, the bar they used measured roughly 500mm long, 3/8 thick and 2 wide made from steel - it got bent from the centre because the mounting hole was too big.

Out of curiosity, how are you going to transmit drive to the spinner?

Register To Comment