Register To Comment
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Turnigy tz85a from BotBitz

That include import tax at 20% and handling of around £8.50 for parcel force?

Programming them is far far cheaper

No doesn't include that as they havnt arrived yet.
    I plan to program my next ones but I got these due to lack of time available before Newport.

So guys I am currently working on V2 Firmware for our controllers.

As some of you may know I have already reverse engineered one of the programming boxes from HK.

I am working on finishing this off and adding even more features.
    See:
    http://robowars.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1893

This will be used to make all of the settings configurable out in the field. This will give you the ability to tweak your robot on the fly.

The one which I am most excited about is being able to reverse my speed controllers as at an event as I always seem to bloody solder the wires on backwards when I replace a motor. The other thing which is interesting is that I drew up ways to make ESCs into on/off switches by just changing parameters. This is not that interesting for the TZ85A but for the 10A ESC it provides an easy way to get a cheap RC switch for triggering weapons.

For those who are programming ESCs themselves this won't be open source. But for those who have had DX6is this should make all your problems go away.

I also aim to provide the tools to read parameters from your current robot and ESC setup to allow you to dial in your driving and tweak your ESC so that it gives you the best possible control and performance. Oh and it will also have serial control if you want to use ESCs in an automation type application.

Well that is the plan. Hope to have new firmware done in 1-2 weeks and decent testing will take a month or two before I am willing to release it. For people who have currently bought ESCs from BotBitz we are looking at offering a upgrade program, if there is interest let me know.

Regards

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by limpet View Post
    Ordered two a couple of days ago, it came to £94 including postage. That was converted from Australian dollars.
    These arrived yesterday so about three weeks for delivery.
    No import duty or tax etc. just came through the letter box :-)

Register To Comment