Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big-N-Scruffy or Scruffy Biggen build

this project has taken a bit of a back burner and i have other designs, mainly one that looks more like scruffy 2 but with 4wd a fast electric lifter and possibly an axe

any way on other ideas my dad found a tail lift unit in the garage that i got ages ago

so im contemplating using it to run a lifter in the robot and to keep the oil in when its flipped i was thinking of mounting the unit in a pivoting cradle so that gravity will keep it more or less the right way up which means it should be capable of self righting

finally getting round to doing a HW version of scruffy, ive bought some 150mm wheels and im aiming to go for a 5 to 1 reduction using 3/8" chain and sprockets on a 4wd setup which should give me around 10mph

i will be looking into either pneumatic, actuators or a heavily geared motor to run the weapon but the plan is to keep it as low and compact as possible so will probably end up with actuators in the end

the wheelchair motors i have will probably be built into something else later on

Register To Comment