Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big-N-Scruffy or Scruffy Biggen build

got the motors, 4qd speed controllers and interface, a pneumatic ram and reservoir

The motors if my calculations are correct should do about 14mph (2900rpm, 8-1 gear ratio, and a 330mm wheel). The pneumatic ram it a 12bar 100mm bore, 125 stroke but i might go for a electric lifter/axe combination instead depends how the test with the pneumatics go and i will probably use 30x30x3mm box section for the main chassis

also cant decide which name to go for so i should probably put it to the vote at some point lol

(would have added some pics but the board attachment quota has been reached)

is it a fw.
    4qds are more heavy speed controllers

Quote Originally Posted by archie2000
    is it a fw.
    4qds are more heavy speed controllers
    lol its a hw i think 2 wheelchair motors would way almost as much as a fw

also i have had a quick test with the motors on a 14.4v pack and some rc speed controllers round the garden and they run nice and smoothly cant wait to get it them up to full power

303x30x3 box section is too heavy, Merlin is 20x20x2, Kronic is 20x40x2 and that has to take the force of the flipper.

ok thanks for the info its probably cheaper to buy than the 30x30 stuff

since i cant upload more pic ive made a photobucket account so you can see the bits i have for my heavyweight so far

http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s449/palargen/

not many pics but its a start

rigged up some speed controllers and battery quickly to give it a test run

... ture=g-upl

its only running on a 14.4v 3.8ah pack cant wait to see it running on a 24v pack
    will hopefully be able to start on the chassis either next weekend or the 1 after

looking good so far...

Fyi if you hover over the image you want to post here in your photobucket album page it comes up with a list of options, one of them is the IMG code, copy that and paste it into your comment on here and it will show up, like so;

oh brilliant thanks for the info

Register To Comment