Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walker Robot/Interesting Robot Things...

an RC snake or millipede.

Definitely want one of those Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Anttazz
    Mario: Bit on the big side
    The Beachbeasts are PVC tubing and glue, combined with PE bags. It's the walking mechanisme that counts. Replace windpower with LiPo and electric motors and build it to the size/weight you want.

I would love to see many more walkers both fighting and show ones as they are fascinating to watch. and I am happy to help in anyway I can.

But they are a labour of love and take a lot of planning, time and money. the leg mechanism on Pilgrim amounts to around SIX HUNDRED parts! (with the new feet). Most of them custom made.

It's worth counting the cost before you start on such an adventure

The walking mechanism on walkers, Pilgrim especially, I find hypnotic, really like them.

I'm going to be too pushed for time to get anything useful done before the event and also get all my robots and arena ready, so at the moment i'm considering alternatives that my volunteers can make for us instead as at the moment they haven't been involved a great deal.

I'm getting involved in a few other silly projects to see how they turn out and hopefully they can be useable at the event. Can't help myself really

Still open to any and all suggestions and advice

rent something.
    turn that octapus thing fat boy slim was on from the Olympics closing ceremony into a hovercraft.
    that would be fun.

homemade flamethrower robot.
    leaf blower+co2+lighter=entertainment.
    sorry for all these ideas.

What do you think CO2 does with a flame?

Beat me to it Mario wanted to post similar last night but not signed in on my phone lol

Register To Comment