Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walker Robot/Interesting Robot Things...

an RC bike servo power handlebars.
    baby bike from a car boot sale.
    i.don't know if would work.

Mondo spider

Pilgrim

Get a children's electric car
    RC it.
    Dress it as Bessie.
    Put a foot high Matt Smith doll in it.
    Drive Bessie about.
    Attention problem solved

Contemptible, ridiculous, absolutely pathetic. Worth a shot!

I found a tiny little bicycle for kids the other day. I though, hmm, drill motor drive, big servos for steering, stick a small SLA in the seat, 15a Electronize, and voil¡! A robot to be put in and flipped about for a laugh. Could probably be put together with odds and ends from main combat machines.

:P

that's what i had in mind.
    might need stabilizers though.
    i sold my old bike for £5 last month

Jamie, Mario: Bit on the big side

Something Pilgrim/Spiderbot sized would be cool. I think an old bike with a batteries tied to it with servos and a motor is going to look really cheap and amateurish, not really what i'm going for. Could always look at building one myself I suppose, but time is going to be tight, and they looks pretty complicated!

you could make something easy cheap and compact that will always attract attention and get the public to interact eg

a 2wd/4wd base eg wheel chair motors nice chunky tyres which works as any rammer does, then put a stool/chair on top which rotates randomly - (slowly) and then people sit on it and you drive them about = cheap advertising fun, might need to run it by insurance first :P and put a seatbelt on it lol

I think I know the thing you mean.....i've seen a chair mounted on a wheelchair motor powered base before somewhere....

Ahhh yes, a regular wheelchair

I dont think a dude in a strange looking wheelchair would cut it, needs to highlight the engineering more. I think people would be more likely to remember/talk to their friends about a weird walking robot with our logo on it than a strange looking wheelchair spinning around displaying someone.

I've been watching that video of Pilgrim over and over trying to work out how it works, when you concentrate on each bit individually it looks doable. Reading over the build thread again, it looks like it could be done.

Craig, I guess as long as the 4 sections from the motor are the same length and the 4 sections at the knees are the same it should be ok? I realise there is a lot more to consider than that though of course...

Register To Comment