Register To Comment

Thread: twin wide drive wheels

just starting my next robot using 2 cim 300w motors, got all the chain drive sorted but only have space for a basic 2wd system, has anybody mounted multiple wheels together on the asme axle like a large van for example. looking to use twin wheel to help put all that power down.

thinking just four m5 cap head bolts for attachment and 12mm shaft to run on

There are a few robots with twin wheels, I think 540 had twin wheels. Most use banebots orange wheels when using twin wheels

Sort of thing has been done, yes. As said above, the Banebots wheels are commonly used like this.

Remember though that more surface area on the ground doesn't necessarily mean better grip. It's a balance between surface area and weight over each wheel. Compound and arena surface also need to be considered.

Satanix (Dave's robot, fast black thing, speed 900 drive) seems to put the power down nicely with two relatively skinny wheels, for example.

540 has custom ali wheels that were vulcanised. Not double wheels

As gary said, 6wd, ali wheels with shore 50 vulk'd onto them...

Honey badger my new robot has dual wheels viewtopic.php?f=240&t=2810&start=645

looks nice and shiny, not for long im sure

Given Dave's track record it'll probably dstroy itself before it touches another robot!

Register To Comment