Register To Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 'Failsafe'ing Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by adz600
    most orange rx fail to last known position
    If the RX send last known position an ESC, it will never failsafe; As the ESC never receives a dirty/no signal the ESC has no way of knowing if it should failsafe or not..

sounds logical, told by my local heli shop not to use them for failsafe reason , i think its called smart failsafe throttle , then others hold ?
    info i was given - but defo for spektrum controllers like 610/620

i listed all the good ones somewhere will dig it out

I think it would be easier for me to just have a long line of string attached to the robot, then if it gets out of hand I'll just pull on it!
    OK EOs?

Can you get devices that sit on the Throttle channel and tell all others what to do on power down? Something that intercepts the other signal leads?

think its called smart failsafe throttle , then others hold ?
    That is how most airplane and heli RX's work, the set the throttle in a certain position and keep the rest of the channel in the last position it was when it had a good signal. Which is exactly what we do not want at all and that was why the BR6000 was such a hit for roboteers.

Can you get devices that sit on the Throttle channel and tell all others what to do on power down? Something that intercepts the other signal leads?
    Yes, you can use a relay or a switch to accomplish that.

i had the same with the orange and some spektrum receivers so i just bought 2 of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330563432404? ... 1497.l2649

It may be different with an esc than a servo, if it outputs no signal then the servo won't go back to central but stay where it is but with no power, an esc would stop the motors moving I think. Just give it a go and find out!

Register To Comment