Register To Comment
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Graupner motors

We have been looking at a high torque, high power robot for our second machine so we have just been through most of this, minus the actuators.

Building your own gearboxes is hard and comparatively expensive to say the Gimsons. 4 of those will give you loads of push and make it nippy but still drivable (with practice; which I haven't got). You could even go for 6 with the robochallenge wheels and that would be a good powerful machine.

The only thing to change about that is that the robochallenge wheels are a little hard and thus slide on the Hardox floor. If you design it in for future development, banebots do 3 different hardnesses (shores) of wheel. Go with the 40 shore 98mm and that will give you more traction, in theory. You could even go 30 Shore but they are very soft and would grain up like F1 tyres after a while. your choice

http://www.gliders.uk.com/products.asp? ... =&sort_by=
    there is a price table

i am not on a giant budget and about £20 a motor is what I'm after
    can anyone point out the best motors available on that budget
    thanks

hmm
    i know they are great for beginners but i am very fussy and i want more power
    is that stupid
    conker couldn't push satanix very well
    plus i am really understanding gears and tomorrow will make a prototype from wood
    the design is like the storm 2 of featherweights
    is it possible

might these do the job

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Johnson-600-s ... 627wt_1139

Gimsons will give you more than enough power. Conker couldn't push Satanix purely because Conker had nothing to get underneath. Satanix has a wedge, and so it lifted Conker up, reducing its grip and thus disabling much of its drive.

4 Gimsons, perhaps overvolted, will make for a plenty powerful featherweight. Tormenta ran four 12v drills at 18v with 100mm wheels. Thing did 10mph and it had boatloads of push.

It's as much in the design as it is in the power of the motors on paper.

Remember that bigger motors often require bigger ESCs and bigger batteries = more money spent later down the line. You could run 4 Gimsons with 2 Electronize 30a ESCs and a single NiMH. Perfectly adequate for a first featherweight, and perfectly powerful.

harry thanks for the options but i sense a hint of sarcasm :P
    plargen i think those are slightly underpowered although they are the right size quality i think they are too cheap to be powerful. it actually looks similar to a drill motor i think although Max said they were size 500
    Ellis i know tormenta was very good when i saw it
    it did a sort of 180 skid and then drove straight into NST and exploded every where
    (that was an epic death by the way man)
    ok i will see where i get with my gearboxes then make my desision

Register To Comment