Register To Comment

Thread: 2012 HW UK champs

Ok,

So you know we've been trying to organise a big event in London for the Summer,
    However its looking more and more likely that its not going to happen in the summer, and the date might move to april / may 2013.

Theres some major external influences within this event, and if we cant get A + B + C together we cant take the financial risk it would be to run it.

This leads us with little options, but thought id start a thread so people know whats going on.

I have noticed Alan is doing a couple of events where there are 4 shows, i did ask him if he'd consider using one of those to host the champs, but possibly a bit uncomfy turning and entertainment event into a serious competition.

If we ( roaming robots ) dont do a big event in the summer, then i plan to bring back the winter tour and defend my title. We will mostly likely be adding another event in October so we have three,

The event in london will happen, its just a matter of when, and when the other factors are in place to go with it, it will be worth the wait thats for sure

John

yeah .... London

One Event is better really, Can you not do the Gloucester Event as the UK Champs?

Whsy that then craig LOL nice and close !!

We only do 2 shows in an event, not enought to do the champs.

Thats why i will bring back the winter tour comp instead.

Just means there wont be a 2012 champs, unless alan does it.

nothing to do with it being my home town honest! I realised after that it was a one day event, my problem is Combots is around the time of the Winter Tour, so come on Alan, save the day!

who, what, me?

I've made a few enquiries to venues who we've spoken to in the past to see if its something they would be interested in, but as of yet nothing. We have the same issue as John, we cant afford to foot the bill of a competition, the only way it can work is if a venue/sponsor etc is willing to fund it. Unless the roboteers want to put their hand in their pockets :wink:

The issue with running it at a normal event, is that serious competitions doesn't always lead to entertaining fights (alot end with a robot just leaving the other stuck etc). But the main issue is the amount of fights needed to get through 30+ robots without having melees as the first round, is very hard to squeeze into 3-4 shows and the final problem is that the reason were looking at 3-4 shows per event is the halls are smaller therefore less pit space.

I'll make a few more enquiries, but no promises.

Register To Comment