Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.4ghz conversion and link/dump protection

second pic in my build diary

Could you put it on a hinge on the flap and then some Velcro to hold it down? Not the strongest solution but might work

Tried velcro on smidsy, really didnt work well

Okay, just seen the access panel and my last suggestion makes no sense. I'd go with what Max says, put it on some sort of hinge, and then a semi-permanent fixing method to keep it closed. Velcro would be fine, but I'd be tempted to put a little pivoting piece of plastic or metal on it to prevent it from falling open should the velcro unstick during an impact. You can see an example here:

[attachment=0:2wpveonh]100_0193.jpg[/attachment:2wpveonh]

The rear section of that top panel was hinged. The grey tab was bolted to the main part of the top panel and it was moved over the rear section to hold it in place. I could then just rotate it to 'unlock' the rear section and lift it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Or you could use a magnet to hold it down or have a spring or bungee cord to pull it down

as long as the wing nuts can be undone by hand, they would be ok?

Technically yes, as they don't require tools to undo them. But there is always a possibility that the nut/bit of bolt sticking out gets hit and/or bent during a battle which could jam up the thread and make it extremely difficult to undo. Having said that, I suppose the majority of access-closing methods could get damaged to such an extent in battle...

Thats how Saint keeps its link in: hinged plate and a wing nut .

That's easy enough too do, once the change over is done (should be next couple of weeks) and I've changed the cover, that will take about 20 mins work Theb it's all done

Though im still adding some red led's under the flipper

Register To Comment