Register To Comment
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

I just ran the M5 cut tap down, no need to drill it out.

Calum you are right it is 4.65 for a roll tap

I just ran the tap down... its not far of the original size and its a pretty low grade ali, so cut taps easy.

Lol ed beat me to it, nearly word for word.

Well in 20 minutes we will be starting the drive up from Banbury for the Wednesday to get some much needed driving practice in. Binky's new weapon makes it a rather different beast to drive and our small 2m arena isn't big enough to really let it flex is motors.

Conker is ready to rock, though a bit cramped inside and both machines are actually near the weight limit this time, not 800g off which is nice.

On a different note, one of our transformers for the Turnigy Accucel 6's packed in so we only have 1 charger for 6 lipo's so if anyone has a spare or even a spare charger they could lend up, that would be amazing!

See you all at GSL and good luck everyone!!!

Seems I haven't posted in this thread for a whole year!

Not much has changed in either robot. Biggest different is Binky now has a HDPE bulkhead after Decimator destroyed the Aluminium one, aside from that it will actually get to use its new disc for the first time at GSL. We got to try it out at MMM last September and the bite it was getting was ridiculous! We are also able no to run a large 6S lipo rather than the 2 small 5S packs giving us extra run time if we think the fight will last the full 3 minutes.

Conker 3 has a 450Kv motor rather than the original 520Kv meaning while it looses top speed, now a mere 10'000rpm down from 11'500rpm, its spin up time is even faster and it draws less current meaning I can actually go a full 3 minutes before I run out! I am still surprised that she only weighs 13.25kg, but it does mean I have weight for extra's if I need them in certain fights.

With no knowledge of who we are fighting... looks like we will have to just roll with it this year. Good luck and see you all in the arena!

Register To Comment