Register To Comment
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

will be a pig to drive with the wheels that far forward

It would drive around the weapon (such as 360 and Venom/Hypno-disc and Razer did), meaning pointing it would be easier than if the wheels were at the back. Only issue with the drive might be that the mass of the machine will be behind the wheels, so when you turn you'd build up lots of energy (several kilos of robot), making stopping mid-turn hard. It would tend to over-steer, I think. I guess that would make it hard to point. Hm.

Perhaps, to make use of that swinging mass, stick a massive great thwackbot-style axe on the back? Like Barnsley-bot!

It looks great, and it's certainly different. Could it not get stuck on its side?

t would drive around the weapon (such as 360 and Venom/Hypno-disc and Razer did)
    They're all 4wd, 2wd will be impossible to drive, the back end will just constantly kick around and oversteer.

The thought behind the steering was it would be like Venom's or 360's with it pivoting around the front wheels rather than the middle. This should mean that we can keep the lifting arm under another even of they try to escape. Though a pendulum effect is a distinct possibility, and will definitely look into the stuck on its side issue, thanks Ellis!

As Alan said.. 360/venom drive well due to 4wd skid steer...

Diablo has wheels at the front and a ball transfer at the back and it's totally un driveable...

If your making this robot to go against spinners... Cover the wheels... And angle the edges of the wedge down to the floor... As it is, it wouldn't take much horizontal force to rip that arm off... Remember the force being pushed sideways onto the tip of your arm will be even greater at the pivot point due to leverage.

move wheels back and make sure there are no catch points for horizontals. if i remember correctly ironside has a hardox 4mm strip bent in an octagon . corners have a large radius so there are no catch points for horizontals to catch on. also am i right in thinking that having a large weight infront of the wheels would help the steering?

There are still things missing all over, maybe 80% complete. And there will be issues with any design but moving the wheels back would probably be a good idea. Though this isn't my machine its my dads so in the end he has the final say, and he is the one that has to drive it as well!

A gyro would help the oversteer issue, but it would make your ESCs work seriously hard, having to fight that swinging 13.6kg arse constantly.

Designed a new single tooth disc for Conker... 2.5Kg of Hardox 400. I should Rename him Talon!

[attachment=1:2c4v2v93]1 Tooth Disc V2 01.JPG[/attachment:2c4v2v93]

[attachment=0:2c4v2v93]1 Tooth Disc V2 02.JPG[/attachment:2c4v2v93]

Just noticed I have missed the hole to bolt the disc to the pullys... woops
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment