Register To Comment
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

try saying ti isn't expensive now Gary!
    (for a child who has no money)

fine, ti is not expensive on ebay. If you dont' have money, go get a job. That's what I did to fund some of my first robots. Part time job.

Gary is right... when you have no spare money, get a job
    Luckily I have one and I am going to be working all of july, august and september to get the money back. Though with my dad now involved we are sharing the cost of some parts and cos we share spares that cuts down the cost slightly to

It doesn't have a name yet but it does have a goal... anti-spinner.
    No such thing.

Its a Goal, it doesn't mean we will succeed but it combines various elements of other machines together to give it, what we think is, the best chance

[attachment=0:3tf2qe7l]Develop 02.jpeg[/attachment:3tf2qe7l]

Current weight in solidworks is 5.5Kg... We might be able to have a Cluster bot at this rate!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep the base, uprights and the the bottom layer of the armour is to. We are going to layer Ti on the top faces but the machine is so light, less than 9Kg all in, that we are considering putting a layer of Hardox 400 on every side. The only problem with that is bolting it securely to the rest of the machine!

Here we go, the first all parts pictures!

[attachment=1:6kc98k8o]Render 01.JPG[/attachment:6kc98k8o]
    With the lifting arm fully extended...

[attachment=0:6kc98k8o]Develop 03.jpeg[/attachment:6kc98k8o]
    Up close and personal...

Given that it currently weighs 9Kg, we are thinking about adding a layer of 10mm Hardox to all sides. This will be most critical at the front to stop spinners getting in between the back of the lifting arm and the front of the robot!

Suggestions and improvements welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment