Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Metal Machines - Who's interested?

Between talking to folk and discussions on both this forum and the RW101 forum, there have been a few expressions of interest in going over to Bochum, Germany for the 14th Mad Metal Machines event on September 29th/30th.

I believe it's full combat (unless someone can clarify otherwise) so it would be a chance for the spinners to get a run out.
    I thought a thread would help to keep things together, see who's going, discuss travel/accommodation etc rather than trying to pick up bits from various different threads around the forum.

So, to start off, who would be tentatively interested in going?
    I'm hoping to go, but need to wait for a month or so before knowing for definite.
    Been thinking about travel and figured that if there are quite a few roboteers interested in going, it could be worth organising mini-bus hire to take us all across (and van hire for all the robots/tools). Could work out quite cheap if the cost of hire and fuel was split between several roboteers and those with suitable licences could help share the driving. What does everyone think about that, and any other suggestions/alternatives?

Advice and recommendations from people who have travelled over to the event before will be much appreciated (cough *David Weston* cough)

yes definetly interested as long as fw spinners are allowed

We have already more or less made the decision to go. If it isn't full combat, though, then perhaps not.

I like the idea to travel in a group. If a group is going to be organize I would most likely come along as well.

Id be up for it, as long as either 360 or my new one is finnished.

Wouldnt it be cheaper (due to the cost of fuel etc) for us all to get flights then maybe a rental van at the airport?

Flying incurs it's own set of costs.
    Travel to airport, parking at airport/taxi, the flights themselves, extra luggage for our stupid heavy toolboxes, the inevitable destruction of ones soul for flying with cheap air travel.....

Given how much fuel is though, this could still prove cheaper.
    Are all viable vehicle crossings going to be in the South-East/South?

Getting a Mini Bus could be a good idea. We'd all have to meet somewhere in the UK though, hire a minibus, need someone who can drive it.

I am attending this one, just need to find someone that is willing to drive us from whatever airport or train station to the venue.

What would be the general consensus about getting over to the continent ? I go over by train because I can fit 2 FW's and my toolbox onto a sack truck (TX's in the holdall) and I manage ok, and there is no limit to luggage size or weight (you may have fun with customs though).

Anyone here willing to drive on the wrong side of the road ?

How about you all fly down to Spain and then you we can all drive up in our motorhome?

Sounds efficient enough to me.

Robot road trip! Pick up Guilherme on your way....

German gr¼ndlichkeit has been mentioned a few times since this has been possible. Maybe we should let them organise this, I bet they would have it done in minutes and more efficient than we could imagine!

How high is the arena roof?

Register To Comment