Register To Comment
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mr.Pink

you mount them flat and if you pick the robot up and turn it and the gyro will try to turn the wheels back to where it was position last

I have mine mounted vertically, with the flat side facing the front of the robot. Its stuck to the back of my electronics box slightly behind the turning axis of the robot. As above, when you move the robot, the wheel should turn to compensate (IE: if you moved the robot round to the right, the right hand wheel would move forward to try and keep it going straight. You can adjust how sensitive it is with the little adjustable dial on the back marked 'Gain'. I would suggest putting to the point where the green and red light start to flicker between the 2, that about mid point.

If you over-do the sensitivity, you robot may suffer from what I called 'the shakes' - the robot corrects itself a little too much, compensates again and keeps shaking side to side until it gets a command or bumps into something to stop it.

Is the deathspin something unique to your machine, Dave? Obviously Pink won't actually spin when upside down but his drive might go full throttle.

If the robot is invertable and you go to turn, the direction is goes is opposite to the command so it tells the speedo to move a wheel to correct it, but being upside down, it just turns the wrong way again, = death spin. If the wheels don't move the robot whilst its upside down, the gyro won't react.

Quote Originally Posted by razerdave
    If the robot is invertable and you go to turn, the direction is goes is opposite to the command so it tells the speedo to move a wheel to correct it, but being upside down, it just turns the wrong way again, = death spin. If the wheels don't move the robot whilst its upside down, the gyro won't react.
    Ah, makes sense.

Update

Hey I'm back and not dead, but some of you are probably disappoint at this.

I have yet to go to a event this year, due to been too far out or bad weather. I have been upgrading Mr. Pink a little bit, the GWS pG-03 gyro has been installed, I have installed a DX3E transmitter hopefully to give me more control, and I have given him a new paint job.

Sadly I will not be able to be at the 2013 FW championship due to many reasons, it will be the third time I will miss it.

[attachment=2:3g9tdeca]IMG_2029.JPG[/attachment:3g9tdeca]
    [attachment=1:3g9tdeca]IMG_2030.JPG[/attachment:3g9tdeca]
    The new top is made of 4mm aluminum plate, again.

[attachment=0:3g9tdeca]IMG_2007.JPG[/attachment:3g9tdeca]
    Don't test drive in the kitchen! Important fact of life.
    Attached Images Attached Images

First of, great to see you back Lewis, hope to see you at an event soon .

Secondly, Bwahahaha! Nice driving mate

Register To Comment