Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d printing

Hi Guys

Just wondering what comapnies you guys use for 3d prinitng antweight chassis?

i'm not in need of anything for an antweight for a uni project using FDM 3d priniting or similar

any help would be great

cheers alex

Hi Alex,

In General we tend to use a external site called Shapeways which tends to suit most people just fine for most antweight related things. I am fortunate enough to own a primitive MakerBot so i tend to use that for most antweights or small models. However its a bit inaccurate if your doing really high detailed projects, so Shapeways is your best bet.

Hope that helped!

cheers guys

what sort of materials do you tend to use?

The interesting thing about Shapeways is that theres a bunch (25) of materials to choose from! Obviously depending on your application (The stainless steel is a expensive but intriguing option) you can choose for yourself, but i tend to choose the PA 2200 material. This is because its the strongest materai available. very light and reasonably cheap.

It would help if we knew roughly what product you are trying to produce, then we can pick a material based on the application/budget etc.

well the model is going to have a motor asembly within it very small scale but works on the same principles as a linac

we are talking max 40mm wide maybe 25mm high and 250-300 mm long (not full sections, this would be the whole model :P)

cheers

Just wondering what sort of time shapeways takes when you place order to when you actually recieve it?

cheers

After we placed our order, it arrived in about a month's time, but I believe that it has been quicker for others.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_fling
    well the model is going to have a motor asembly within it very small scale but works on the same principles as a linac. we are talking max 40mm wide maybe 25mm high and 250-300 mm long (not full sections, this would be the whole model :P)
    In that case i would go for the PA 2200 material. Seems to tick all the boxes. Delivery times vary slightly, but typically take between 5-10 days if you go first class. But dependa on traffic i suppose.

there is a video of the process of printing it and it didn't look like it takes long
    yeah probably about 10 days

Register To Comment