Register To Comment
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

Started work on making a mockup of my new pneumatic flipper but it seems very large.
    Here are some pics to show you the shape/size:
    [attachment=1:1yhvlgju]flipper photo 1.jpg[/attachment:1yhvlgju]
    [attachment=0:1yhvlgju]flipper photo 2.jpg[/attachment:1yhvlgju]

the dimensions are 550mm long, 300 wide (excluding the wheels) and 200 high.
    i was thinking of making all those bulkheads out of 15mm hdpe (it wont be against spinners) or possibly having middle 2 bulkheads as wood then hdpe for the other ones; then i thought a 3mm aluminium lid.

Do you guys think thats sound ok and in the weight limit? also what do you generally think of the design?
    Attached Images Attached Images

i like the design, it's very long though. Try and make it more compact. Also i wouldn't recommend having the bottle at that angle, the liquid co2 will go to the valve (unless you have a dip tube). As regards to the bulkheads i'd just have 2 really strong bulkheads in the centre and mount everying to those, then have have thinner side armour. Ram size btw?

That's a good point about the bottle angle. I'll flip it round so it's at the other angle and run a long tube back to the back. The ram is 125mm stroke, 63mm bore I think (looking at the product code on the side)

I am thinking about re-building centrifuge and I thought that at the champs the bar lacked any real power or speed. I was thinking I would increase the weight of the bar ( if possible around the outside) and then changing the motor. But I wasn't sure what motor would be best out of:
    Real speed 900
    2 replica speed 900s
    1 or depending on weight 2 car fan motors
    A electric scooter motor
    Or if anyone knows of any other motors which are quite cheap but powerful?

Also does anyone know the weight of a car fan motor?

A couple of tons.....

I dunno actually, I'd say 1.5-2kgs, they're pretty heavy but super powerful. Our 3.2kg drum could spin up to full revs on a 2:1 ratio in less than 2s, so you wouldn't need 2.

As for the el'cheapo Speed900 from eBay I use one in BitzaWood. That spinds up 1.5kgs in a couple of seconds on a 2:1 ratio so pretty pleased with that.

Just remember that cheapo ones are only rated to 12v, whereas real Speed900s can do 24v. Our fan motor happily took 25.2v.

or go brushless its cheaper and faster.
    Check giant cod

PJ- what make did you say your fan motor was? And how much did you pay for it?

It's a Bosch, all Vauxhalls have them. Paid £1.

One of the more expensive parts in Bitza......

Speed 900s have a nominal voltage of 12v, but will run on 24v without much fuss. I imagine the replicas function the same.

As regards to fan motors use a Bosch 056, you can get it out of ford mondeos. 282w peak power at 12v, 1.6kgs in weight.

the whole brushless setup will be £50- and will be light and small and efficient.
    cheaper than speed 900s.
    my dad found a car fan which worked but it was quite bad.
    your choice

Register To Comment