So this is Spur my first featherweight after competing in Ants
I wanted something that was simple to build (having a B&D workmate, hacksaw and not much more this was a must) and robust
Decided on a 4 wheel drive lift bot

The basic structure is 3mm base with 10mm HDPE sides. Angle iron is used to reinforce the structure and give strength to the corners
I got a linear actuator off ebay and 4 Argos drill motors. Would of gone for Gimson stuff but seemed to be a month too early buying these!
Currently has a 4S LiPo with Electronize 30 amp controllers.
Trying to get an electronize 2 way switcher but everytime I order they say they are working on an improved version (since around Chrismas) so might have to do something different
Using 100mm robochallenge wheels. Decided it lacked a bit of ground clearance so added some mountain bike tyre to increase the diameter
Need to add some HDPE triangles to the sides to protect from pushers/rambots and some to the back to stop it balancing on end and thats about it.
The lifter is articulated on rose joints - bought them off ebay, usually used on cars but thought they would do the job nicely for this. I do want to make the lifter a bit more pointy
Probably not paint the lid - just leave it
Looking forward to competing, will be very different to ants

Full build is shown in
www.photobucket.com/spur_featherweight
(started November :P )