Register To Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The OddBots Championship

Ah yes fail on my part there, the use of wheels is a missprint which in my tired haze i forgot to edit out. Perhaps i am missing something but i cant see hardox amongst the list of banned materials for armour (unless you meant ALL metals, but in that case why would you state a bunch of other metals before banning the lot?). Otherwise im pretty confident my entry still stands, just remove the use of wheels and replace it with legs. If the armour is still a issue let me know and i can change it ASAP.

Cheers

EDIT: Also realised i missed out the rest of the ground clearances, its 0mm under the wedge and 5mm on all other sides

Quote Originally Posted by team_orr
    Ah yes fail on my part there, the use of wheels is a missprint which in my tired haze i forgot to edit out. Perhaps i am missing something but i cant see hardox amongst the list of banned materials for armour (unless you meant ALL metals, but in that case why would you state a bunch of other metals before banning the lot?). Otherwise im pretty confident my entry still stands, just remove the use of wheels and replace it with legs. If the armour is still a issue let me know and i can change it ASAP.

Cheers

EDIT: Also realised i missed out the rest of the ground clearances, its 0mm under the wedge and 5mm on all other sides
    I stated that you weren't allowed to use alloys which included those metals, one of which was iron, hardox is a steel and thus contains iron.

Fair play, i suppose i owe that mistake to my lack of scientific knowledge
    In that case change the Hardox to 15mm wood, it does occur to me that i am effectively producing cannon fodder here, but TBH im quite looking forward to it.

If theres still further issues let me know, if not are we ready to play ball?

Should be fine otherwise, though do you have any particular wood in mind? Something like Oak would probably be fairly sturdy if that helps, plus the density of oak for instance is 1/10th of hardox approximatly, so you can have ten times the thickness.

Can I reduce the weight of the spike axe head to 12kg and then reduce the carbon fibre to 8mm and the legs to 16mm hdpe and reduce rubber to 3mm to reduce weight? It should be fairly light with carbon fibre armour?
    I do like the idea of a massive spike on an axe to pierce through armour!!

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt
    Should be fine otherwise, though do you have any particular wood in mind? Something like Oak would probably be fairly sturdy if that helps, plus the density of oak for instance is 1/10th of hardox approximatly, so you can have ten times the thickness.
    Oak would be lovely

Alright, ditch the front wedge entirely then. Still, the front armour will have the hole for the weaponry, and be 4mm nickel-beryllium.

Register To Comment