Register To Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The OddBots Championship

Quote Originally Posted by parassyte
    So hang on, you cannot use any metal at all if you have an active weapon, or just the metals listed? It's unclear.

*pondering a magnesium/osmium walker*
    the metals listed

and for that matter you can have an active weapon if you have steel armour, just not the active weapons listed

What Martijn said.

To give some examples of what would be allowed:

If you pick the weapons category, you'd be allowed to have any of the weapons listed there, but not any of the armours or transportation listed.

Example: A wooden armoured walker with a flywheel.

If you pick the armour category, you'd be allowed any of the armours listed, but not any of the transport or weapons.

Example: A hardox armoured hovercraft with a hammer.

If you pick the transport category, you can have wheels or tracks, but not any of the listed armours or weapons.

Example: A platinum armoured wheeled robot with a drill weapon.

Still working on my entry. Just to let people know, I have chosen the transport category.

I have chosen the weapons category - my entry will be a bit delayed though, unfortunately (in short: university) ^^;

As people are taking their time a bit just as a bit of impetuts to get this going, I'm going to say that unclaimed reservations run out from Monday. Which at the current rate of entering should still give everyone a good opportunity to enter, but might hopefully result in one or two entries appearing.

Also, one minor thing, if possible, in your stats, just declare which category you are going for, just to help me a tad.

Thanks!

I'm going for the weapons class, even though this concept boggles my mind entirely

I'll try to get mine up today to start the ball rolling... I'm selecting transport.

No one going for armour yet? Interesting...

KILLSWITCH: ENGAGE

BODY SHAPE: Similar to Stinger, but with flat wheel hubs and with interchangeable weapons on the arm.

WEIGHT: 100kg

DIMENSIONS (L X W X H): 108cm (with arm) x 77cm x 47cm

COLOUR: Red tyres, the wheel hubs and arm are painted yellow and the arm also has blue chevrons running down it.

LOCOMOTION: 2 x 470mm diameter custom built wheels, made of 8mm diamond*

GROUND CLEARANCE: It's an axlebot and so doesn't really have one.

DRIVE MOTORS: 2 x LEM-130 lynch motors @ 36v

DRIVE BATTERIES: 4 x 30cell 36v 3Ah Sanyo NiCad packs

SPEED: 30mph

TURNING CIRCLE: 0 metres

BODY ARMOUR: 5mm

WEAPONRY: Between the wheels is a 65cm long arm made of diamond*. It has various attachments, the primary one being a four bladed bludgeon ala Stinger itself that allows it to thwack both vertically and horizontally. The other options are...
    a) a petrol driven chainsaw tail, mounted vertically.
    b) a low spiked scoop (not wedge) for both bludgeoning and getting in underneath other robots, made of 1cm diamond*.

SRIMECH: The robot is fully invertible

STRENGTHS: Fast & powerful

THEME SONG: Princess of China by Coldplay

------

*question: Is this possible? To be honest I was stumped for armour:/

Register To Comment