Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beetle Arena

I've got a 1.75m floor panel left from the Rebel Robots arena, enough steel to make the structure for the polycarb and of course polycarb to make a fully enclosed arena.

Is this something worth building? would anyone be able to take their beetles to an event to put the arena to use?

Or if I make it would someone who could use it more be willing to buy it off me?

I'd happily bring mine along, especially if in the South West

Ewan where in Bristol are you?

Redland, what about you? Been here long? (not noticed before!)

Clifton, been here since September 09

Virtually next door. Let me know if you're planning something around here & I'll be happy to lend a hand

Ever consider making a Beetleweight house robot? :wink:

Hey Guys

this has literally happened to day but...

At my uni, UWE Bristol, the robotics society has decided to make a move towards beetle weight machines in an attempt to create an in university competition.

We are also planning to invite other local uni's like Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, Exetor etc to join in and get a local (well with in a 30 mile radius) compatition going on. Only issue is we don't have an arena...

I have asked the FRA for the build specs on a beetle arena but who owns the current beetle arenas un the UK?

Throw ideas and suggestion up if anything crosses your mind :-)

There isn't an arena yet.., the parts are there and when we get time it will be built

This is the arena I built. Its got the frame and stuff to hold the polycarb aswell.
    [attachment=0:1val3gum]P08-03-10_19.07.JPG[/attachment:1val3gum]
    The polycarb is at Kennys ready to be cut and then just needs fitting to the frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment