Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: polycarb :)

Quote Originally Posted by baker01t View Post
    i used polycarb (1mm) on Captain slow... it just shattered
    Are you sure it was poly? I've bought some off eBay only to find it was acetate/Perspex. Polycarb is very difficult to break I doubt an antweight could do it.

Polycarb does shatter if you hit it hard enough. With the forces unleashed by the spinners in a antweight arena I wouldn't be surprised if it was polycarb. They way to tell the difference it to look along the side of the sheet. Acrylic looks white where as polycarb looks a dark grey to black. It doesn't matter how it was cut it will be this colour regardless.
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 20th April 2014 at 11:28.

Sorry, typed the wrong word. I still believe that a antweight spinner can shatter 1mm polycarb.

It tends to cut or tear, it's very rare for it to shatter at 1mm thick.

i'm fairly sure it was, but i think it was because i didnt give it enough space to flex and deflect impacts, causing it to shatter... and it was only 1mm so i can see why it broke. in future, i opt to do what i have done with RitZ and use 4mm polycarb... this has not broken as of yet

We shattered 10mm arena wall with 13black, still got the souvenir pieces

Anyone looked at other plastics apart from HDPE?
    Last edited by limpet; 23rd April 2014 at 10:24.

i use plasticard or modelling card for ants, 4/5mm can generally stand up to quite a lot

Register To Comment