Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 4 x drill motors

I can do that, but I need to make sure its OK for me to send a gassed bottle in the post :P

When do you need it for Tony? If there's no rush, I could pick it up and get it filled at the champs and drop it back off. The only event before the champs is this weekend at Whitwick, which would be a rush to get the bottle posted to David.

royal mail get a bit iffy with sending compressed gas in the post. i've sent full bottles with TNT before no problem though

I need it to test with you the week before the champs Jamie, after which I had intended to see if you fancied filling it up for me again at the champs Also maybe for some demos at the school beforehand and for setting the regulator as its too low atm I think.

If you can find out over the next few days Dave i'll get the drills out of the robot and send them down to you if thats all ok .

I'll find out for you.

Don't have my garage free atm so can't get those wheels/mount off of the motors, not sure if you want me to send them like that or wait until I am able to use the workshop again? Put a few pics in my build diary, the wheels are pretty rubbish (75mm that are not 66mm with tyre wear) but wouldn't mind holding on to the mounting brackets that are still on there. Not too bothered when I got the tank/bracket back though, as long as its before the 8/9th April weekend if you're able

I can wait until you can use the workshop again, I don't need the mounts because I have some. I will get the bottle back ASAP, either by courier or royal mail.

I know you don't, I was meaning I do need them Not sure when that will be, but if its not gonna be soon i'll try to get those wheels off somehow, could even just saw through them if needed and get them sent to you.

EDIT: Oh, and can you PM me an address?

Dave, how are the shafts from the drill motors you're taking out? Just had a thought that I could get the motors to you more quickly if I just cut the shafts to get the wheels off and send you them to put new shafts in? I'll give it another go getting them off tomorrow, i've already chopped the tyre section of the wheel off to get a better grip but still struggling to do so, going to chop through the hub to get to the nut tomorrow and see if it comes off from there, but if its still locked solid cutting them might be the only option

May be a dumb question but have you tried running the motor from a battery and holding the wheel to get it off?

Register To Comment