Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 4 x drill motors

I'll see what else I can get, because I have the robot on 24v batteries, just running on dual rates, so 12v would be preferable

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver
    Unless spinners are in the arena it's not a good test
    how does that make sense? a battle test with normal robots is a good test, if a spinner hits any motor its gonna damage it

Lots of people have recently swapped out to Gimson motors, maybe they'll be willing to part with their past drill motors.

I'm only ever in competition with spinners. If it survives inside a bot with a spinner then I'd be happy to run them. I didn't mean a direct hit from a spinner. I'm dubious about the mountings for the moment but am always willing to be surprised.

Is it the inserts you're concerned about? If so I'd be happy to send you a sample front piece with them in- stick a bolt in one of the holes and try to pull it out, maybe give it a bit of a hammer (PM me an address to send to if you like?). I believe you'll find the point of failure to be far beyond what you'd expect from the majority of mounts/motor assemblies, even if the material combination is a little unorthodox.

No need Ewan although I appriciate the offer. I'll be interested to see how they fair in the arena.

I'm only concerned about the inserts being overtorqued and ripping the thread out of the plastic, not by direct pulling force.

Hi Dave,

Decided that as i'm gonna only make 1 event this year (it looks like anyway) i'm gonna spend the hotel/food/petrol money upgrading Eric Jr For Edinburgh so will be putting Gimsons in it so I'll have 2 motors going if you're still looking?

Right, no problem.

They don't have any reverse thread screws, but presumably you still have the old gearboxes/motors that you can take parts from? Any chance I could send you Eric Jr's paintball tank with them and if you could fill it up at an event and send it back to me we'll call it even? Not sure if thats possible or not.

Register To Comment