Register To Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How to make an antweight

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    When you say controller do you mean speed controller or the transmitter you hold.
    I meant radio transmitter.

If it's any help, this is the basic scribble of how I cable stuff most of the time

Thank you!

This might come in helpful for people like myself wanting to start building;
    http://www.instructables.com/class/Robots-Class/

Can I ask what type of scribe you use and what other tools are useful?
    I imagine a mini vice-grip, a dremel, a circuit board holder, pliers (not sure which type is best?) might be useful. I can't think of what small tools to shape plastics and metals with (into precise shapes).
    A sticky for flipper mechanisms and spinning weapons would be very useful (and avoid repeated questions I suppose). As would one on batteries and radio transmitters.

I build mostly beetle and feather stuff as I find the ants a bit too fiddly. I'm a repair technician and do a lot of computer network stuff so already have a basic tool kit to get through life in a way. Can list my stuff if u want me too. Can't reccommend a jigsaw and cordless drill enough.
    I can't afford a jigsaw. Yes I would really appreciate a list. Think of the minimum someone would need to build an antweight using metal ( 1mm is the limit/allowed thickness?) and polycarbonate. I was thinking of a dremel of some kind, with the required fittings etc. I also thought that maybe there is a small metal folder something like a seamer about. It would be great to get some advice on that (and whatever safety gear you suggest).

There's no rules on the thickness of metal armour, polycarbonate is also a much better material. Also for any future readers sabertooths are considered very outdated and unreliable these days. please stop by the R101 forum and ask for some info!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    There's no rules on the thickness of metal armour, polycarbonate is also a much better material. Also for any future readers sabertooths are considered very outdated and unreliable these days. please stop by the R101 forum and ask for some info!
    Thank you. Have you any suggestions for a list of tools?

Register To Comment