Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000psi PRV

As per title- Pm me with a price if you have one.

When do you need them?

I need one too, where sells them ?

http://www.esska-tech.co.uk/esska_eng_s ... ifica.html could work if wound right up? quite cheap.. you'd need a G 1/4 tap to make it fit your buffer etc or an adaptor to fit it to BSP i guess. But the price seems good...

Let's be real they are a waste of time, we should take them out the rules !!
    The burst disc In the bottle covers it anyway.

John

I have a fp prv, dave has first refusal though .

Yep, i thought it might be but wasnt sure if the G ment it was the finer thread type you often see in industry for compression type fittings... being BSP makes it even better...

Also yeah i figured 1000psi which most roboteers seem to state isnt really true... i figured it would be around 750psi max as thats when co2 becomes liquid?

If you pay the exstra £2 or whatever it comes with a certificate... which means it should be allowed within the FRA rules IMO.

@John;

Burst discs dont go at 1000spi... the 1000PSI PRV rule was put into place to protect against components rated to 1000psi tops... so if someone turns up to an event with a buffer tank theyve tested at 1000psi... they wont risk letting that component go over pressure.... (Sorry if thats teaching you to suck eggs, i guess you already know that)

Dave stand corrected...

I thought that if you can't ever get 1000psi in the system then what's the point.
    Just looked at a burst disc, didn't realise they were at 3000psi!!

Take it back, just something I've been thinking about over the last few months.

John

I think it was also to stop people using other gases.

Register To Comment