Register To Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000psi PRV

Burkerts were re tested gland found to be fine for 1000 psi, the only problem is they can't switch it at there nominal voltage so you have to over volt them or run a 12v coil

The burkert 5404 bodies are pressure cast. The chance there is a defective valve is rather small. And even so, the wall thickness of the brass is more than enough to withstand a lot more pressure.

The part that will fail if hugely overpressured is the seal between stainless solenoid core and the body.

Oh well, how many Burkert-body pressure failures did we see in the 14 years of use in European Robot Wars?

Or bottle-burst disk going?

A lot of comments about but my robot can take over 1000psi....sure it can... but the robot next to you in the pits might not be able to take it... we have to work to a common rule set at the end of the day.

Burket HAVE to advertise the rated pressure as less then it will actually go upto by law.

I had turbulence blow a PRD once at an event on a 2kg bottle... and ive seen about 5 PRD's on the 600g bottles and paintball bottles go

I'm certain Mike Lamber had the Burkerts pressure tested to 90bar to keep Mentorn happy, it probably wont work at that pressure, but as long as it doesn't blow. Best ask him about it.

People have been using buckets in their fp systems for years, anyone had one blow?

yup- people have had swarf get into them etc...

Also... why are you getting so hung up on burkets? ... again.. not everyone uses them.

Quote Originally Posted by widow_twanky
    Quote Originally Posted by maddox10
    The part that will fail if hugely overpressured is the seal between stainless solenoid core and the body.
    .......and that's probably where the problem is. If the seal goes then what happens? It being connected to the flipper/axe/whatever else there is.

If the robot it build according the rules, nothing will happen, as the weapon has to be locked in the position.

And with hugely overpressured , we're talking 2000 psi or more. I'm willing to pressuretest all Burkert 5404's in use in RW up to 1500psi.

Those won't fire in most cases, but won't leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by gasbot
    Well Burket rate them for 50 Bar for some reason - maybe they don't know what they're doing
    Because 50 bar is the pressure Burkert can garanty the soleno¯d will do the job at the rated voltage of the coil. Nothing to do with the pressure capacity of the body.
    Also, the dimensions of the body are standarized. There are several brands of valves you perfectly can interchange in size and mounting. But for now Only Burkert and the lesser know Slovakian Alpha valve are know to be afforable and useable for our applications.

And why the sudden campagn against Burkerts?

Register To Comment