Register To Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000psi PRV

Yeah roger plant using nitrogen in wheelie big cheese !!

just ordered one, came to £23.39 with shipping etc...

When i get it, ill hook it up directly to a co2 nut , screw it onto the bottle and post results for anyone who's in need of one...will be after telford though as ive got no co2 here :sad: ...thanks in advance for your co2 Alan :P

Jonny- if this one doesnt turn up/work ill be interested

Interesting site. The springs I need for the PRV's are almost as expensive as those 60 bar PRV's.

Also, the PRV doesn't have to be rated at 1000psi, it's the max allowed by the rules.

@John
    what you and I are trying to say is whats the point in a 1000 psi valve when

a co2 bottle at proper weight ie 2kg no more is filled properly to 42 BAR whick is 617 psi
    ok if its hotter the bottle presure will be higher (we all know that) but when people are useing buffer tanks and we fill the system we are normally filling say another 2kg of empty tank which does 1/2 the presure I have tested this (not on a hot day) and the presure was 350 psi now a 1000 psi valve will never blow off i have had one in the system for over 10 years now and it has never blown off.
    as long as the bottle is never over filled you should not have a problem.

and as we always arm the robot in the areana having a safty valve which does not blow off in my opinion is a waste of time as it does not make the robot any safer
    Also burket valves are rated to 50 bar which also is less than 1000 psi of which i have uesed for over 10 years as well
    so Can i ask whats the point if we are only going to use CO2 ?

Alternatively John you could prove with certification that your entire setup will operate safely on 3000psi

Just because you have massive buffer tanks and know not to fill your bottle to the max when it's frozen on a hot day doesn't mean everyone else does...

N2O the way to go then

i think not

I have had mine blow twice when the bottles were warm. I think we have to have a PRD, if not there are no safety devices at all in the system. As John said, Burkerts are only rated for 50bar (although i do seem to remember Mike Lambert getting some tested to 90bar) so we are running them over what they were designed for some times.

Does everyone have them tested, only ask because we use casting for some of our kit and each one is tested, we had identical castings cast as the same time and same pattern and one past @ 90bar and the other only reached 70bar before it failed, not all casting are equal.

Mute doesn't use burkerts so I haven't got a clue about them, we use cryogenic valves rated for 100bar operating pressure with our billets valves

Register To Comment