Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AndyJJ and Sharky66's Tournament

circa 2002 (for a little while, I was known on the old RW forums as Sharky66, and this tournament came about by both of us, but was never finished)

Anyway, me and AJ will be writing this tournament out! 8 heavyweight vapourbots, 1 from 8 people. This includes us, as me and AJ will be competing as well. (if we ever meet each other, though, we will request a guest writer XD)

Straight 1-on-1 combat til we have a winner, 3rd-place playoff will happen. Battlegrounds arena will be used, but no custom house robots, only RW ones, 2 for each match.

Arena: http://teamzlayerz.proboards.com/index. ... thread=119

Entries
    - The Alexandra Sisters (Kody)
    - Wedga Ennea (AJ)
    - (reserved; Joey)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Well? Git entering, lads!

Reservez-moi un position, s'il vous plait

I'm in, just lemme think about what to put in.
    For great justice.

Double post? Orz

Put me in for SOTAR v2, it just occured to me she hasn't got to play since that revamp she got. ;p
    This has been Tracy Farber, telling you I'm not a lad Kody.

sweet this, I feel like going mad and entering With or Without You

Haven't been on here in ages but let's give vapourboteering another spin

Robot Name: Apocalypse II
    Weight: Roughly 100kg
    Shape: Box wedge with sloped sides, ala Storm II. The front wedge is angled at 30* to get under opponents, and the sides are sloped at 42* to deflect spinners. The rear is rounded for easier self-righting.
    Length: 80cm
    Width: 60cm
    Height: 15cm
    Motivation: 2 x internal HDPE wheels, each are 125mm in diameter and they have vulcanised tyres for extra grip, plus they are mounted like Tazbot€™s for more manouevrability. They are in the front of the robot so that the front turns rather than the rear, ala Merlin.
    Drive: 2 x S28-400 magmotors run @ 24v from 2 x 3600mAh NiCad battlepacks; this should provide about 9 horsepower.
    Armour: 3.2mm hardox monocoque for the most part, strengthened in certain key areas with extra 5mm titanium/vanadium alloy sheeting.
    Weaponry: The robot is a decent pusher, but on top there are three sets of Mute-style barbs, one on each side and one running down the flipper arm. These are tungsten tipped to allow it to trap robots on top, and once their stuck on top they can€™t get free.
    The second weapon is what I use to get rid of the robot stuck on the barbs. It is a Bio-Hazard style 4-bar flipping arm, but unlike Bio-Hazard it is run off full pressure pneumatics, meaning it will easily throw robots out of the arena. It is 30cm wide and runs down the centre of the robot, made of 4mm hardox and powered by a 120mm x 100mm bore stroke ram @ 750psi from a 1.5kg gas bottle, giving it about 10 flips per round, which should be enough. On the front of the flipper arm there is a strip of 8mm grade 2 titanium, which should aid in getting under the other robots
    Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front, 8mm at sides and rear, but this is protected by 5mm titanium torsion-sprung skirts made of grade 2 titanium.
    Turning Circle: Using the skid steer system ala Razer gives Apocalypse II a 0 turning circle
    Srimech: The 4-bar flipper can right it in less than a second, but to conserve gas there is an electric srimech hinged at the rear of the robot. This is the two strips of barbs on either side of the machine lifting up to vertical via a Bosch 750w motor run @ 28.8v from a NiCad battlepack. This rights the robot in 1 second, and can also be used offensively to tip opponents stuck on the barbs into the pit
    Colour: This new Apocalypse keeps the colour scheme of the old one, with dark blue bodywork and a red weapon.
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry, unique strategy
    Weaknesses: Limited gas for the flipper

Could I reserve please?

Entrants
    - The Alexandra Sisters (Kody)
    - Wedga Ennea (AJ)
    - (reserved; Joey)
    - SOTAR v2 (Tracy)
    - With Or Without You (Martijn)
    - Apocalypse II (Liam)*
    - (reserved; Lian)

----

* - Liam, I mentioned an issue to Andy, and we both agreed that Apocalypse II's dimensions seem a bit too compact to fit everything in. Perhaps you could expand the dimensions a bit?

90 x 70 x 15 is fine, I should think dunno if Andy feels the same though

Register To Comment