Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Featherweight Build Tutorial - Research

Ok, I was thinking of these for section headings in each section.

Motors and drive
    Batteries
    Speed controllers and wiring
    Radio gear
    Materials
    Weaponry (possibly a separate thread for pneumatics and hydraulics in HW's)

I was going to have pics and links relating to the various items therein (pics of a drill motor and a link to the Argos page for it)

Been giving this a bit of thought and, with the number of weekends left until April (roughly, since a full-combat event is likely but no date confirmed) and me being busy on a few of them, filming a comprehensive build guide and completing the robot in time would be a tight squeeze, and I'm currently enjoying being able to build without rushing anything.

So my plan is: build the robot as planned and compete with it then, once there's a quiet spell, pull it all apart and rebuild it along with a video tutorial detailing various aspects (as suggested or requested).
    Will, if you're happy to spare a few minutes during some down-time at the next feather comp, I could film you doing a tech check on this tutorial robot (and perhaps a flipper/axe/rambot, to show the variations) and edit it together to make a short guide for the forum/homepage.

If all goes to plan, and I will do my darnedest to make it so, I will be going to the FW champs. I have an HD camera and several years of practice with Sony Vegas (a professional editing software). I'd be very happy to help in any way I can!

Just read your post Jamie and I'd be happy to film a couple of tech checks for the guide

Excellenty, thanks Will.

Register To Comment