Register To Comment
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Near Chaos Robotics

I am going through the playlists and watching everything. Thank you for uploading! And congratulations on your successes. :)

Interesting, so although iit doesn't say specifically no Pneumatics, the audience safety rule pretty much rules them out, since a flipper or powerful axe could be too dangerous.

It would likely depend on the exact weapon arrangement, as the crowd is a good distance back. The flywheel powered automatic flippers that Dale Heatherington ( http://www.wa4dsy.net/robot/ ) brings can throw bots very well and are still allowed to compete. I imagine it would be down to the specifics of the weapon system and if you were worried, contacting the event organizer to check before making any plans would be a good idea.

I have to say, your robots are quite amazing. Congrats on your Dragon*Con victories so far, and here's hoping you get more.

I put together an Instructable on my 1lb bot Algos. It covers the initial build, some redesign, shaft hardening and titanium anodizing. The Instructable also includes .slddrw and .dxf's of all of the waterjet cut components used. Check it out and vote for it in the Digital Fabrication Contest if you like it. http://www.instructables.com/id/One-Pou ... bot-Algos/

Been working on a 150g bot that'll be used to test some new gearboxes. Seeing as I want to put the gearboxes to the test, I put a stupidly large weapon on it-

whats the overall dimensions of this ?

John
    www.RoamingRobots.co.uk

Main body is 3 wide, 1/2 thick counting top and bottom armor(1/32 ti) and the bar is 5 diameter.

thats crazy man !!!

What is the side armour made from?

Register To Comment